Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-27-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
GeekyGal
Enthusiast
GeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle FireHD, Kindle3G, iPad, MacBook, iRex Illiad (ret)
Formatting Floating Point # Custom Column

Dear Very Helpful Calibre Community,

I may just be missing something really basic, but how do I format a column to force two digits after the decimal point? I have a floating point number column which truncates trailing zeros I would like to show.

Thank you very much.
GeekyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:01 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The latest release (0.8.3) provides a general mechanism for formatting numeric custom columns. There is a new box in the column definition for entering a format specifier to format the number. The tooltips in the column definition box provide a few examples.

Note that although the format specifier looks like a template, it is not. The template language also uses format specifiers, which is why they have a similar look.

The format to do what you asked would be {0:.2f}
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2011, 05:25 PM   #3
GeekyGal
Enthusiast
GeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle FireHD, Kindle3G, iPad, MacBook, iRex Illiad (ret)
THANK YOU, chaley. The new version [8.4 today] has a VERY easy fix for my exact issue. Your reply helped me so much.

GeekyGal
GeekyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You are welcome.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote