Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 06-28-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
j1977t
j1977t began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
ESV Study Bible E-Pub help

I recently purchased the ESV study Bible for E-Pub it claims it will work on the Sony Reader however it does not go onto Adobe Digital Editions in order to put it on the Sony Reader (PRS-505 with updated software) I have tried to put it straight onto the sd card but the Reader does not recognize it, I also tried CXalibre but it also doesn't recognize it. Has anyone else purchased or tried it on the PRS-505?
j1977t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:05 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1977t View Post
I recently purchased the ESV study Bible for E-Pub it claims it will work on the Sony Reader however it does not go onto Adobe Digital Editions in order to put it on the Sony Reader (PRS-505 with updated software) I have tried to put it straight onto the sd card but the Reader does not recognize it, I also tried CXalibre but it also doesn't recognize it. Has anyone else purchased or tried it on the PRS-505?
since their description specifically says it will work on ADE and Sony I would suggest you email them for resolution. Why can't you add it to ADE? If you click on the file what happens?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:55 PM   #3
j1977t

I have emailed them it will probably be monday before I get a response, when I click on the file (after making adobe digital editions the default program for the file) Adobe digital editions opens it but it will not add it to the library after closing the file it is essentially gone from the ADE.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:52 PM   #4
j1977t

Thanks to J.S Wolf, Harry T. & Gideon I have found the solution it is to rename the file to .epub I named it ESVSB.epub and it works like a charm!
Old 10-12-2009, 12:54 AM   #5
JustRay
JustRay began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I just bought a sony reader prs600. I am curious how the navigation is on the ESV bible now that you have gotten it to work.
JustRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:06 AM   #6
j1977t

I have made a blog post on my blog describing this topic...http://christmyonlyhope.wordpress.co...able-on-e-pub/
Old 11-08-2009, 09:38 PM   #7
kerriberry84
kerriberry84 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Thank you so much!!! I thought I was out $15, but I just changed the file extension and it works perfectly!
kerriberry84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:45 AM   #8
Mlabus
Mlabus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600 Touch
ESV Study Bible - Epub link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerriberry84 View Post
Thank you so much!!! I thought I was out $15, but I just changed the file extension and it works perfectly!
I have been searching for the ESV Study Bible purchase link and can not find it anywhere. Can someone please direct me to a place where I can purchase it?
Mlabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:37 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlabus View Post
I have been searching for the ESV Study Bible purchase link and can not find it anywhere. Can someone please direct me to a place where I can purchase it?
See post #1 in this thread for the link.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:04 AM   #10
HandbagJunkie
HandbagJunkie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I got the ESV Study Bible for my Kindle a few months ago for $9.99. I love being able to carry around the entire study Bible with me and leave the hard copy at home.
HandbagJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:16 PM   #11
Mlabus

No Button or Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
See post #1 in this thread for the link.
I have been to that page. There is no "buy" or "add to cart" or any kind of button to purchase it. I am just wondering if it was taken down or is temporarily suspended.

Any other place with a direct link would be appreciated.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:10 AM   #12
Mlabus

Email from Crossway and ESV

"Dear Michael,

Thank you for your kind attention to this matter.

We have actually removed the epub ESV Study Bible from our website for
the time being due to re-occurring technical difficulties."

With that said, if someone could show me where to get a "faulty" copy of the ePub edition, I would appreciate it as the replacement copy will be forwarded to all those who have purchased it.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:58 PM   #13
kwailau
kwailau began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandbagJunkie View Post
I got the ESV Study Bible for my Kindle a few months ago for $9.99. I love being able to carry around the entire study Bible with me and leave the hard copy at home.
Hi there,

I'm also interested in the ESV Study Bible for the Kindle and I didn't find many reviews. How's the navigation, content and lookup features?

Any helpful comments is welcomed.

Thanks,
Kwai
kwailau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:37 PM   #14
HandbagJunkie
HandbagJunkie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
kwai,

I do like the Bible, but it's not easy to navigate quickly because the search functions are not good at pulling up chapter/verse references. It's a great Bible for study and reading because it has tons of references and maps and things.
HandbagJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:34 AM   #15
kwailau
kwailau began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandbagJunkie View Post
kwai,

I do like the Bible, but it's not easy to navigate quickly because the search functions are not good at pulling up chapter/verse references. It's a great Bible for study and reading because it has tons of references and maps and things.
Thank you for the help. I did end up purchasing the Kindle version (as well as the book) and love both. I realized that it's good for reading but not very good for referencing. No regrets though as I plan on reading the ESV version this year.
kwailau is offline   Reply With Quote