Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
Milen
Milen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Loading cbr/cbz files on the Mini

Hello, I recently bought a Kobo Mini (my first eReader). I tried putting some .cbr files in the main directory of the device but they would not show up in the library. Tried restarting the Mini, sideloading .cbz files - same result. Ebooks show up just fine in the library. I looked it up and the reader apparently supports both formats, so I'm probably doing something wrong. Any advice?
Thanks!
Milen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
is your firmware 2.62 or greater as just upgraded my touch to 2.62 and nolonger sees comic files!!!
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Look at some of the other recent threads on this topic....

Kobo Glo wont open any CBR file

Cbr files

CBR don't load in the reader's library
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #4
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Look at some of the other recent threads on this topic....

Kobo Glo wont open any CBR file

Cbr files

CBR don't load in the reader's library
hmmmm read the post suggested but doesn't explain why it will not open CBR files that it did before upgrading.. Even added fresh copies but still no joy!
Old 10-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Because ITS A BUG

There are workarounds but put in words of ONE syllable ITS A BUG
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #6
lohtse
Groupie

So there's a bug;-)
Old 10-20-2013, 06:58 AM   #7
Milen
Milen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Hey, thanks for the info!

I did what you suggested and loaded xkcd_1/2/3/4 on my Mini and it recognized only xkcd_2.cbz. I opened some of the Walking Dead comics I got on the reader in Notepad. All of them are .cbr and show up as rar in the editor. The Mini still won't see them.

Firmware version: 2.6.2 (4365d8338f, 9/27/13)

Last edited by Milen; 10-20-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Milen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comics, ereader, kobo, mini