Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-06-2015, 02:43 PM   #5776
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Warning: Some Language.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 01:17 PM   #5777
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Are we running out of new song titles? I've noticed in my music collections a few cases where two unrelated songs have the same title, such as "It's Too Late" by Carole King and a different song of the same name by Bobby Goldsboro (both not obscure songs).
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:08 PM   #5778
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Corrupt-A-Topic (anymore off-topic and it would be on-topic)

Shave a brand new way to screwrifs while posting to the Internet. 1tu latest update of WritePad Pro enables me to use the handwriting input lox in other applications, such as Tafsatalks. Nowi've got handwriting recognition, Swykes, and autoconeet all helping me in my ongoing quest to make my uniting utterly indecipherable.

Spoiler:
I have a brand new way to screw up while posting to the Internet. The latest update of WritePad Pro enables me to use the handwriting input box in other applications, such as Tapatalk. Now I've got handwriting recognition, Swype, and autocorrect all helping me in my ongoing quest to make my writing utterly indecipherable.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 03-10-2015 at 04:17 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 05:46 PM   #5779
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Shave a brand new way to screwrifs while posting to the Internet. 1tu latest update of WritePad Pro enables me to use the handwriting input lox in other applications, such as Tafsatalks. Nowi've got handwriting recognition, Swykes, and autoconeet all helping me in my ongoing quest to make my uniting utterly indecipherable.

Spoiler:
I have a brand new way to screw up while posting to the Internet. The latest update of WritePad Pro enables me to use the handwriting input box in other applications, such as Tapatalk. Now I've got handwriting recognition, Swype, and autocorrect all helping me in my ongoing quest to make my writing utterly indecipherable.
Your goal is to be indecipherable? You're almost there .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:57 AM   #5780
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Your goal is to be indecipherable? You're almost there .

Old 03-14-2015, 10:18 AM   #5781
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Corrupt-A-Topic (anymore off-topic and it would be on-topic)

This one ("MILK SOURCE") had me stumped.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426342637.259606.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	213.3 KB
ID:	135955

The correct answer is:

Spoiler:
"GOAT."

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 03-15-2015 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-15-2015, 04:38 AM   #5782
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Walmart.horse
Old 04-11-2015, 12:12 PM   #5783
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Will fountain point pens make a comeback? There's something about writing with a fountain point pen that just makes writing more interesting.
Old 04-11-2015, 06:40 PM   #5784
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

What I wonder is if we will come to a point where people stop writing with pens entirely. And could it be, in the distant future, that children won't even be taught how to write letters anymore; Only how to type them?

Last edited by Dylrob; 04-11-2015 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-11-2015, 06:58 PM   #5785
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Oh I don't know .... I still scribble myself a note on a scrap of paper. It's more satisfying to be able to cross it out and throw it away .... I mean, recycle it. And I only use (well, mostly only ....) things that were already trash, like the back of somebody else's daily calendar, or something.....
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:14 AM   #5786
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Spoiler:
Old 04-14-2015, 12:52 PM   #5787
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard

With the advent of electronic instruments, specifically synthesizers, will people still need to play the actual instruments? Rather than spending years mastering an instrument, could someone who has mastered the synthesizer be able to simulate playing that instrument, and also simulate playing other instruments...or many instruments at the same time.

Could this lead to a future where when you attend a symphony it's actually just a small number of people playing synthesizers that simulate every instrument in the orchestra. Each individual simulates a class of instrument (woodwinds, brass, stringed, percussion, and so on).

Added to that is the more recent introduction of vocaloids. They still need a bit of work, as shown by this:

However, as with all things involving computers, they will improve. Could this lead to a future where one person, with one computer and the appropriate programs, could create an entire performance. They have already managed to create, via holograms, an entire performance as shown by the following:

...and also bring cartoon characters to the real stage as shown the following:

Old 04-14-2015, 06:51 PM   #5788
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Do you think oysters will ever succeed in taking over the world?
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:53 PM   #5789
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Do you think oysters will ever succeed in taking over the world?
Only if they sauce it up.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 02:07 PM   #5790
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Only if they sauce it up.

Hitch
Someone should tell Holmes then. He's behind the times.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
man boobs, skippy the bush kangaroo, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness