Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 03-10-2009, 01:12 PM   #1
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Spoiler tag not working

It seems the spoiler tag is not working. OR is it just me? I'm using Firefox on Mac, and also tried safari.

Spoiler:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nullam sit amet dui vel purus fermentum semper. Proin dignissim. Etiam aliquet facilisis sem. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Sed sit amet velit. Integer dui nisl, fringilla in, dignissim non, tincidunt eget, neque. Aenean viverra, massa a elementum dapibus, magna orci vulputate dui, et placerat metus nulla vel ante. Maecenas ligula quam, accumsan facilisis, adipiscing eu, tempus eu, mi. Vestibulum ac odio in magna sollicitudin pulvinar. Curabitur urna. Curabitur velit mauris, faucibus non, elementum in, fermentum vel, nulla.
Sed ac metus ut lacus convallis fermentum. Nulla dui libero, mattis id, consequat at, rutrum in, nisl. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Vivamus porttitor consectetur augue. Mauris fermentum malesuada est. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Aliquam erat lectus, mollis sed, sollicitudin ac, malesuada vitae, orci. Etiam leo tellus, pellentesque eu, aliquam nec, aliquet vel, mi. Duis viverra, arcu volutpat iaculis malesuada, sapien felis tempus orci, venenatis scelerisque est diam sed dolor. Nulla ut ligula id odio volutpat sollicitudin. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Doh... and now it seems to be working.

Spoiler:
This is interesting. Let me try this again.
Advert
Old 03-10-2009, 01:14 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Hmm... maybe I'm not just going crazy, but I have arrived.

BOb
Old 03-10-2009, 01:21 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Cicero?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:21 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Cicero?
No thanks, I just ate.

BOb
Advert
Old 03-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Cicero?
Oh, I get it now. No, that text was just created by a lorem ipsum generator.

BOb
Old 03-10-2009, 01:24 PM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
No thanks, I just ate.

BOb
Psshh

Is it just the fact that Latin is leaking out of my brain, or are some of those endings/words wrong?
Old 03-10-2009, 02:10 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Psshh

Is it just the fact that Latin is leaking out of my brain, or are some of those endings/words wrong?
It's garbage as Latin - it's just standard printer's "filler" text.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:32 PM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's garbage as Latin - it's just standard printer's "filler" text.
Ok I thought I was going crazy there for a second.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:35 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

So, my spoiler tag doesn't work in this message:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=23

What's different?

BOb
Old 03-11-2009, 03:49 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Ok I thought I was going crazy there for a second.
It actually has a very interesting history. See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum

It's used by printers in situations where you want to show a client the "graphical layout" of a page without being sidetracked by the actual text being shown. It's a (very) corrupted form of an extract from Cicero's philosophical treatise "De Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" ("On the Purposes of Good and Evil") and is used because it "looks like" typical English in terms of the word lengths and spacings. It's been used for centuries for that purpose, but it was only very recently that it was discovered where it actually came from.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:32 AM   #12
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It actually has a very interesting history. See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum

It's used by printers in situations where you want to show a client the "graphical layout" of a page without being sidetracked by the actual text being shown. It's a (very) corrupted form of an extract from Cicero's philosophical treatise "De Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" ("On the Purposes of Good and Evil") and is used because it "looks like" typical English in terms of the word lengths and spacings. It's been used for centuries for that purpose, but it was only very recently that it was discovered where it actually came from.
I thought I vaguely recognized it! Hooray! Checking out the wiki now..
Old 03-11-2009, 10:01 AM   #13
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Hehe, Lorem Ipsum makes me think about Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next series (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13273).
Her baby starts speaking Lorem Ipsum at some point
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:44 PM   #14
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
So, my spoiler tag doesn't work in this message:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=23

What's different?

BOb
:getting back on topic:

It doesn't work for me in that link, either .... but it does for your other posts here....(I use Firefox only)...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:30 PM   #15
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
With that post, I see an error "this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName(" div")[1].getElementsByTagName("div")[0] is undefined" in FireBug, but I've not tried to follow it further!
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote