Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 10-17-2008, 07:16 AM   #1
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
ereader2html error.

Well, I ran into the first problem converting a secured ereader file (after MANY MANY conversions).

Lines referenced are

490 (in <module. convertEreaderToHTML (infile, name, cc, outdir))

477 (in convertEreaderToHTML file (os.path.join(outdir, 'book.html'), 'wb').write(pml.process())

417 (in process r=self.next())

349 (c = self.s[p+1] IndexError: string index out of range)

Help?

Thanks!
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:22 PM   #2
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Anybody?
Advert
Old 10-17-2008, 07:52 PM   #3
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
Anybody?
Wish I could help. When I used that program to convert all my old eReader books in order to read them on my Cybook, I got an error in about 3 books out of 150, and never have found a way to fix things.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:00 AM   #4
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Converted over 100 fictionwise purchases and haven't seen that. The one time I got an error (Didn't write it down) I re-downloaded the book from fw and it worked the next time.

Normal questions pop up though: Correct credit card, name, etc?
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:06 PM   #5
GatorDeb
Evangelist

Redownloaded. No luck. Wrong name or credit card give the error message of wrong name or credit card.

Over a hundred books, first error
Advert
Old 10-19-2008, 08:48 AM   #6
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
Redownloaded. No luck. Wrong name or credit card give the error message of wrong name or credit card.

Over a hundred books, first error
Maybe one of the other ereader2html versions might work? There were three if I recall correctly. Are you using the most recent one?
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:14 AM   #7
GatorDeb
Evangelist

Ooohh three of them? I don't know which version I have, I'm at work now. Dang it it took me ages to find just this one and now I have to hunt for others And I didn't find it myself someone had to provide the link. Any way you can point me to all three versions?
Old 10-19-2008, 09:14 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
0.03 is the latest version.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:46 PM   #9
GatorDeb
Evangelist

I have version .03
Old 10-19-2008, 04:40 PM   #10
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
One thought on this: which version of eReader do you use?

eReader is now free for the Pro version, which I think is up to version 3.something. But before Fictionwise bought it, they had a Pro version you paid for and a free version you didn't.

I don't like the PC GUI of the newest version, so I stepped back to version 2.6.1 (the free version). I have one purchased book that requires the Pro version (and no, the website didn't say that when I bought it). It will not convert with eReader2HTML, and I've always assumed it was because I don't have the Pro version installed.

I actually wrote Fictionwise and asked if it was possible to get a Pro "key" for the 2.6.1 version, but they said they don't support it. If I wanted Pro, I have to upgrade. So that book's a loss for me.

Anyway, is it possible the book requires the Pro version of the software?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:29 AM   #11
Abu
Abu began at the beginning.

Device: device
I reached these threads that are related to your problem. Have a look at them,
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20407
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29770
Abu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:32 PM   #12
kyevey
kyevey began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone/iTouch
IndexError: string index out of range

REMOVED

Last edited by kyevey; 01-27-2012 at 09:06 AM.
kyevey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:58 PM   #13
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyevey View Post
Hey guys I'm running python 2.6.3 on mac with ereader2html.py vers 0.3

Here is my argument:
(After cd /Users/Doelmans/ebookutil/

python 'ereader2html.py' 'Arm.pdb' 'Testing' 'Kyle Doelman' 12345678

Thanks in Advance!
KyEvey
Since no one has answered you yet, I'll give this a shot! I use double quotation marks only around my name. I put the book to dedrm and the output in the python folder where the script is. So where you have 'testing', I use c:\python26. It would look like this: c:\python26>ereader2html.py Arm.pdb c:\python26 "Kyle Doelman" 12345678

Good luck!

Last edited by Jane A; 10-11-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Jane A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:15 AM   #14
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane A View Post
Since no one has answered you yet, I'll give this a shot! I use double quotation marks only around my name. I put the book to dedrm and the output in the python folder where the script is. So where you have 'testing', I use c:\python26. It would like like this: c:\python26>ereader2html.py Arm.pdb c:\python26 "Kyle Doelman" 12345678

Good luck!
Yes... No quotes except your name and also no spaces in file names - also include the new file name with the directory where you want it c:\python26\newfilename
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote