Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 11:20 PM   #1
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Suddenly my DR1000S doesn't turn on..

It was charged but today it doesn't turn on suddenly.. I've seen similar cases with this but reset button doesn't work in this case. Now I'm charging it but it seems to have some trouble.. What can I do for it in the end?

---
(added)
Wow, suddenly it turned on!! The reason seems that the auto shut off function of DR1000S didn't work last time. So the battery was drained totally only a day. I always shut it off with this auto shut off function but it rarely doesn't work and I just guess my 1.5A charger has bad effect on it - the sensors of the device were freezed last time. I've bought and got a new charger today and now I'm testing it..

Last edited by bokjeid; 12-26-2010 at 11:34 PM.
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:07 AM   #2
Gwaihir
The Windlord
Gwaihir began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S, BeBook Club S
You might want to use the search around here every now and then; one by one you're describing all the long-since-known quirks of the DR1000S (no way out of full screen + locked sensors, occasional battery drain, etc.). The answers you're looking for are already here..

The hypothesis on this one is that there's a hard to find bug in the shut off routine. We all hope it will be gone with firmware 2.0. So my question to you: are you running a 1.x, or a 2.0 beta? You've already found the workaround: recharge for a while and it will come alive again. I would not blame this on a particular charger.
Gwaihir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 07:48 AM   #3
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Yes, and use a wall charger in preference to the pc.
Howard
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:56 AM   #4
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
Your problem can be a consequence of a deep discharge of the battery. In this case a normal charge cannot be solve. Infact the device must be turn on to charge the battery, but you cannot turn it on to charge the battery...

Try this procedure, it's works on most cases (if the battery is still good)
1) connect to your usual USB power
2) after 10 minutes, press the reset button for AT LEAST 30 seconds. Use a timer to check this minimum time, because 30 seconds are very long! (Use the DR1000 pen, don't press too heavy, button can break…)
3) The device must turn on. In not, wait 10 minutes and repeat point 2) It may needs many 10 minutes cycles before starting.
4) when in charge, leave it for almost 6 hours, even the charge led will switch off.
5) before disconnect from power press again the reset just a moment to reboot the device.

Luke

Last edited by eBookLuke; 05-11-2011 at 11:03 AM.
eBookLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:20 PM   #5
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Thanks for answers all. I had already added that the problem had been solved but it wasn't read maybe.. After it turned on, I wanted to delete this thread but it can't be deleted. I enjoy 'search' first in this forum before posting a thread but some threads couldn't be found out by me..(because they are old threads) And I just wanted to share some information about DR1000S with other users who don't know it yet, not only suggest some problems.

In addition, my firmware is 2.0 beta. But freezing or auto shut down bug didn't occur with my Tekkeon mobile charger..
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2011, 07:07 AM   #6
ilseholland
ilseholland began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Dr1000S
How happy am I to have found this topic, tried eBookLuke's little trick and the DR1000 is back in business
ilseholland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:10 PM   #7
tjdean256
Zealot
tjdean256 is on a distinguished road

Device: irex dr1000s; Pocket edge
It happens to me occasionally. When it does, I have to reset the date and time; otherwise, the recently read and recently added lists are wrong.

Other than that, the device is still going strong.

td
tjdean256 is offline   Reply With Quote