Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-11-2010, 10:45 AM   #1
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
coolreader for Android

Did anyone know that buggins has ported coolreader to android.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/crengine/files/

I just came across it while searching for updates for my Hanlin v3 reader.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:01 AM   #2
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Did anyone know that buggins has ported coolreader to android.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/crengine/files/

I just came across it while searching for updates for my Hanlin v3 reader.

Just gave it a short try. Seems to run smoothly on the enTourage eDGe (LCD Side only).
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachwanderer View Post

Just gave it a short try. Seems to run smoothly on the enTourage eDGe (LCD Side only).
lucky you what format ebook did you open tried opening epubs on my galaxy
it does not open them
Old 10-11-2010, 12:02 PM   #4
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
lucky you what format ebook did you open tried opening epubs on my galaxy
it does not open them
FWIW, I have not had much joy with EPUBs using CoolReader on my HTC Desire either. Some it can not open and when it can open one there is something wrong with the character display. I use embedded fonts in all my EPUBs, but CoolReader was showing a '?' in place of some characters which should not happen if it was accessing my embedded fonts correctly. CoolReader seems to be doing OK with FB2 on Android though. I saw on the Russian forum that at least one user there has complained about EPUBs on the Android CoolReader too. Buggins seems to be just getting started on the Android port, so it may be a few more months before it gets all it's rough edges rounded off.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:06 PM   #5
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Quote:
lucky you what format ebook did you open tried opening epubs on my galaxy it does not open them
epub. Tried to open one of the epubs which are on my eDGe anyway and it was ok. - After reading your posting I copied one of the epubs which are also on my win-pc (by pure chance: First Light Chronicles Omnibus, by R. Lalonde) from there to the sd-card I use with the eDGe, put that back in and that epub opened only on the second try. I shut down coolreader, opened it again and it worked on the first try now. Maybe not the full stabiliy yet.
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2010, 09:39 PM   #6
Dopedangel
Wizard

Its not opening any of my epubs.
Anyway I don't use my android phone for reading. Tried it for a few weeks but now am back reading on my Hanlin v3.
Its interesting to see the number of ebook reader apps that are going to come up in android. Ubook author is working on an android version. Fbreaderj suddenly has started getting a lot of updates with more users/developers as its open source.
I personally like FbreaderJ better compared to Aldiko although aldiko looks good and its better integrated into android but when it comes to showing text formating etc I think FbreaderJ is better.