Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 07:11 PM   #421
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
You're going to be popular.
But welcome to MobileRead!!!!!

ps - dates of threads are in the upper left hand corner. Just in case you were wondering.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:03 PM   #422
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
But welcome to MobileRead!!!!!

ps - dates of threads are in the upper left hand corner. Just in case you were wondering.
not only that, there is an advisory message that this is a REALLY OLD MESSAGE!!! prior to you hitting the final go ahead post it! key
Advert
Old 03-24-2011, 01:33 AM   #423
hedwig
Book Worm
hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPod Touch 5
Why do so many people have such a problem with someone replying to an old thread? If they are comfortable doing so - why don't we let them?
Isn't it just the other side of the coin in terms of sites that get annoyed when people don't browse through old threads and reply to them?
Old 03-24-2011, 02:58 AM   #424
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Well I just saw this thread, and now I'm curious. What happened with the KindlePID.py file? I know it got removed, but what was so bad about it?
Old 03-24-2011, 03:01 AM   #425
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedwig View Post
Why do so many people have such a problem with someone replying to an old thread? If they are comfortable doing so - why don't we let them?
Isn't it just the other side of the coin in terms of sites that get annoyed when people don't browse through old threads and reply to them?
Exactly! I don't get it either.
Advert
Old 03-24-2011, 07:44 AM   #426
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Well in this particular case the OP (the guy who got kicked off Amazon) hasn't been on MobileRead since

Quote:
Last Activity: 07-23-2009 06:30 PM
So I really can't see all that much of a point of making your board debut to chew him out and let him know he's a "menace to society."

The python script was part of the DRM issue that MobileRead made the decision to keep off board in order to keep things around here Amazon friendly.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:28 AM   #427
karunaji
Evangelist
karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Bookeen Opus
Interesting case against DRM. A personal reminder to back-up and de-DRM all Kindle books I have bought from Amazon.

I am not afraid of being banned due to exceeding unspecified limit of returns but I have about 20+ shipping addresses entered in Amazon account due to having lived in and/or visited different countries over the years. In one day Amazon may decide that I am doing this to avoid georestrictions for ebooks and lock me out.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:31 AM   #428
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
First of all, if an electronic device is purchased and is defective, the best solution is to contact the manufacturer, NOT Amazon. They will then replace or repair the product. The only exception would be the Kindle, itself, since Amazon manufactures it.

The only reason I can think of where Amazon would ban a customer is if they did a credit card charge back. Then the ban would be automatic since Amazon would have taken a direct loss on the purchase without a return.

If they did ban you, it may have a time limit. Send an email to Amazon customer service and ask them when the ban expires.

You can always open another Amazon account in your wife's name or have a relative buy from Amazon for you. Then you could delete your Kindle from your original account and have your wife or other relative set it up on their account.

I also just realized this thread is TWO YEARS OLD !!

Last edited by sirmaru; 03-24-2011 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:47 AM   #429
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Moderator Notice
This is a really old thread with a really old topic with an OP who hasn't been around for most of a year. I am going to close it.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:47 AM   #430
seyhanf
seyhanf began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505
Smile Buy other e-books and read them on your kindle

First, you need to download "Calibre" and use it to manage your e-books.

Then, you can buy e-books from sources other than Amazon, like Sony, Barnes&Noble, etc. They will be in different formats but no problem. Calibre will convert and upload them into your kindle.

Also you may download thousands of e-books for free (and legal) from guthenberg.org. These will be in .txt format but calibre will convert them as well.

I hope this helps.
Closed Thread