Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-12-2010, 07:29 AM   #46
leday
Groupie
leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook Color
Caliber WILL transfer DRM books to your reader , and I believe that, though it won't read them on its INTERNAL reader unless the DRM is stripped from the file (rolls eyes innocently here), it will open up the proper external reader, like ADE or Adobe Reader, or even the Sony Reader software (assuming the Sony crapware actually WORKS) to view the DRM books. I have had no problems using Calibre since I found it and I love it.

Last edited by leday; 01-12-2010 at 07:31 AM. Reason: punctuation
leday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:57 AM   #47
JimBierman
JimBierman began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Finally got Reader Library working

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldovanucci View Post
Check out my post here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...816#post725816

It got things working for me on 2 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 machines.
Tried this today after trying just about every other suggestion and it worked!!!

Thanks Aldo.
JimBierman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2010, 10:19 AM   #48
Richey79
mrkrgnao
Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS650, K3 Wireless, Galaxy S3, iPad 3.
Tried Aldo's instructions, and even they failed (I'm on Win 7 Ultimate x64 too). Yes, I rebooted at each step of the process.

Fed up with Sony's trash software.

I'll stick with Calibre instead for now, but does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could transfer annotations from my texts onto the PC without using Reader?

Cheers,
Richey79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:56 PM   #49
tanner778
tanner778 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
My solution

I had a problem with Sony reader not starting up. Turns out it was conflicting with zumodrive. If you have a virtual drive try disabling it before going into your reader library. You only have to do it while you're looking for books and syncing so it's really no big deal.

Hopefully that helps someone.

T.
tanner778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:52 PM   #50
jellybean4710
jellybean4710 began at the beginning.

Device: sony
this is happening to me i went onto yahoo answers and i found a program thats like a reader library im downloading it right now its called Calibre hopefully it will work
jellybean4710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2011, 07:40 PM   #51
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
And then take a look down the forum at the entire calibre sub-forum for any help you may need...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybean4710 View Post
this is happening to me i went onto yahoo answers and i found a program thats like a reader library im downloading it right now its called Calibre hopefully it will work
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:50 PM   #52
Grey _Goose
Grey _Goose began at the beginning.

Device: E Reader prs600 touch edition
Good Evening Forum

I am new to this forum. I am the owner of Sony PRS600 Reader (got as present). The whole concept of the Reader is wonderful that is until it is discovered how expensive the ebooks are in comparison to paperback; I am not sure if Sony offers a great backup. Instrudction Manual I find is nil.

Anyway I have no ebooks downloaded yet. I have ereader installed on Computer OS Windows 7 home premium 64bit. I have downloaded Calibre. The ebook is fully charged.

Ebook connected via USB to computer. Cannot get Calibre to find the ebook. Adobe digital editions not installed could this be the problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Forum.
Grey _Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:49 PM   #53
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS650
You dont need ADE loaded to have Calibre recognise your reader but you will need it to download books with DRM content.

Have you got any books in Calibre?? that might be why it doesnt recognise your reader.
There are a number of free formatted books on the forum in both Epub or LRF (for Sony) which you can download (see Ebooks in the header above) and then you can transfer to Calibre
Kiwimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:37 PM   #54
eBookboy
eBookboy began at the beginning.

Device: PRS300
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
Hi,

When the new version of the library came out, I installed it when prompted to do so. I have not been able to open it once since then, every time it just says "Reader Library has stopped working". It won't even start opening it.

Any ideas??
Hi all!

Try this and let me know if it works =)

[edit non-forum promotion signature - moderator]

Last edited by dreams; 08-03-2011 at 01:42 AM.
eBookboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:40 PM   #55
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookboy View Post
Hi all!

Try this and let me know if it works =)

Do you know that the message you've replied to is from December of 2009?

Last edited by dreams; 08-03-2011 at 01:41 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #56
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
The guy is just plugging his own forum. Too bad he spelled digital wrong in the URL.....
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:44 AM   #57
eBookboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
The guy is just plugging his own forum. Too bad he spelled digital wrong in the URL.....
thanks! i fixed it now

Last edited by dreams; 08-03-2011 at 01:41 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:46 AM   #58
eBookboy

ya i know, but I've seen a lot of people still having same problem.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:50 PM   #59
lbugbby
lbugbby began at the beginning.

Device: Sony E - Book?
I have been having troubles with my E reader and the library.
The E Reader will not allow me to sync any new books
Instead of coming up on the reader library as a E Reader it just says ERROR
The reader itself works and today I tried the Library and it took a while to pop up
I have also tried the reset button which doesn't do anything for my Book
Any Suggestions?
lbugbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:37 AM   #60
reneveliz
terron
reneveliz began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbugbby View Post
I have been having troubles with my E reader and the library.
The E Reader will not allow me to sync any new books
Instead of coming up on the reader library as a E Reader it just says ERROR
The reader itself works and today I tried the Library and it took a while to pop up
I have also tried the reset button which doesn't do anything for my Book
Any Suggestions?

Do you have a Mac os 64-bit??? Sony has no solution for that issue right now, they're getting the "error" instead of reader in the left panel and even if you contact the support they don't know what to do ¬¬

if it's not a Mac Os what you have, all you would have to do is to reset the reader, turn it off and on and then charge it...
hope it helps
reneveliz is offline   Reply With Quote