Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 06-20-2014, 08:47 AM   #1
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung tablet, Kobo Libra, InkPad 3 Pro
formatting used sd card for Nook HD+

I have a 32 GB card that I had used to 'unroot' and restore stock OS on an HD+ that I had to exchange for hardware issues (obviously I had rooted and put CM on it). With the new HD+ I'm just going to run stock on it for now, and I no longer need the files on the card, so I used SDformatter to do a full erase/format. I'd like to use it for storage b/c I'm going on a trip and want to download several movies to take with me (won't have wifi on the train).

But when I put the card into the Nook, it doesn't even recognize that it's there so it doesn't bring up the dialog to format it, even if I reboot with it in.

any ideas?
catsknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:48 PM   #2
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Don't know exactly what SDformatter does, but it sounds like you've got an invalid file system. Pop it into a Windows machine and have Windows format it.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2014, 01:31 PM   #3
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Might also be that the SD card slot is not working on the new HD+. The card slot on mine has been working off and on lately. Had one 32 GB SD card go bad that had been working fine for a year. Don't know if it was the card or the slot that made it go bad.

I would suggest a free program such as Mini Tool Partition Wizard Home version to wipe the existing partitions from your SD card and then reformat it.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:41 PM   #4
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung tablet, Kobo Libra, InkPad 3 Pro
Thanks, I used the Windows formatter today and it worked. I had been afraid to use it originally b/c I thought there were some problems sometimes with larger cards not all being recognized, and partitioning only part of it. I do have the Mini Tool Partition but I was able to get Windows to format correctly. I think the SDFormatter had formatted as exFAT rather than FAT32 or whatever Nook needs. Of course, then Nook had to reformat it once installed but I expected that, just needed for it to be recognized. Sorry yours is having problems, Kevin.

Karen
catsknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:30 PM   #5
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Glad you got it squared away. I mainly use mine for reading books and magazines and occasionally watching movies/videos with the Plex app. So, I don't need a whole lot of space anyway.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2014, 11:49 PM   #6
fredlave
Connoisseur
fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
SDFormatter

SDFormatter has a Mac version in addition to the Windows version. Also, FAT32 format should work in the Nook.
fredlave is offline   Reply With Quote