Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #16
kaikara
Zealot
kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Hmmm seems less useful than I thought... I thought it'd disappear to get less clutter, and then go to cloud or something to re-download and/or have an archived folder...
I agree. It would be nice to have an option to not show any of the archived items in the main window. Even a check box to hide and un-hide them would work. It does free up space but still leaves your library cluttered with items.
kaikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #17
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaikara View Post
I agree. It would be nice to have an option to not show any of the archived items in the main window. Even a check box to hide and un-hide them would work. It does free up space but still leaves your library cluttered with items.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Hmmm seems less useful than I thought... I thought it'd disappear to get less clutter, and then go to cloud or something to re-download and/or have an archived folder...
This is not very obvious, but at the bottom of the book list in the library see if there is a wrench icon at right hand side. Under that there is an option to show "all books" or "On e-reader". Selecting "on e-reader" will hide the archived books (at least that's what was in the beta, so I'm assuming they kept it that way in the release).
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #18
kaikara
Zealot
kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
This is not very obvious, but at the bottom of the book list in the library see if there is a wrench icon at right hand side. Under that there is an option to show "all books" or "On e-reader". Selecting "on e-reader" will hide the archived books (at least that's what was in the beta, so I'm assuming they kept it that way in the release).
Yep it was right there staring me in the face. You also get other useful info there including how much storage space is left, how many books are archived and the ability to download all archived books if you want.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #19
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
I am in Ontario, Canada. Just tried Syncing my wife's touch with the desktop app and it didn't get the update.

Edit: Tried wirelessly syncing the touch and it didn't get the update that way either.
I'm in Ontario too and am not getting the update on my Glo. My Desktop software did update though with the same message about the new archive feature.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #20
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
Hi everyone,

I'm on v2.1.5 how do I know that when I connect I'll get 2.4.0 and not 2.3.x? I sure don't want that buggy firmware on my KT again.
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #21
lkodk
Connoisseur
lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.lkodk for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: PRS-505 + PRS-600 + PRS-T1 + Kobo Glo
I was on 2.1.5 on my Glo. But I took the chance and checked for updates. Now I am on 2.3.1.
Hopefully 2.4.0 will hit Scandinavia soon.
lkodk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #22
Lunchtray
Connoisseur
Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Gen 1
Just tried sync'ing in Ottawa, On. Canada and no dice still running 2.3.1
Lunchtray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #23
kaikara
Zealot

My Glo must be magic to have gotten the update
Old 02-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #24
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Ah perfect! Thanks.

Quote:
Yep it was right there staring me in the face. You also get other useful info there including how much storage space is left, how many books are archived and the ability to download all archived books if you want.
Hahaha! Nice new information as well
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #25
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
forgive the newbie question: if I want to try and make a copy of my current firmware (on Mini) before syncing for the 2.4.0, what should I do? I read about people sending "images" of their firmware to others who needed it, but I am not sure where they got the image from.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #26
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
forgive the newbie question: if I want to try and make a copy of my current firmware (on Mini) before syncing for the 2.4.0, what should I do? I read about people sending "images" of their firmware to others who needed it, but I am not sure where they got the image from.
Those images that were being sent to people in need were of a certain hidden partition of the internal µSD card that contain the factory firmware (so the firmware the device would go back to if you factory reset).

Those images have nothing to do with what you want to back up. You're not in trouble as your factory firmware partition on your internal µSD is still working perfectly. You want to back up your visible partition of your internal µSD card, so the part that mounts onto your PC when you plug your Mini in with the USB cable.

However, what exactly do you want to save? If it's just the firmware, there's no need, as you can re-download older firmware versions via the direct firmware versions thread. If it's your settings, you could just make a backup (copy) of your .kobo folder from your Kobo µSD card – or, if you want to be completely safe, you could make a copy of the entire volume (the whole thing that mounts to your computer).

It depends on what kind of computer you use (Windows, Linux, Mac) on which way to copy/backup is the easiest/best.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:49 PM   #27
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
What they have done is to open their device, take out the internal SD card and make a backup of that (either using linux, or a tool like WinImage

Now the other option is just to take a copy of the visible drive when the device is attached via USB, and be prepared to reload the original firmware from the images listed in a thread over in the Kobo Developpers forum here.

Last edited by PeterT; 02-14-2013 at 04:03 PM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #28
jhuynh
Enthusiast
jhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Can you check if waking up the glo with the a sleep cover still goes back to sleep after 30 seconds or so if you don't touch the screen?
jhuynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #29
Lily7
Zealot
Lily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Voyage, Paperwhite 5th gen, Kobo Libra 2
Has anyone in the US gotten this yet? Wondering if I should connect my Glo for an update, but I'm running 2.3.2 and don't want to end up with 2.3.1 again checking for this one!
Lily7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #30
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily7 View Post
Has anyone in the US gotten this yet? Wondering if I should connect my Glo for an update, but I'm running 2.3.2 and don't want to end up with 2.3.1 again checking for this one!
Auto update will not downgrade you. You are safe to check for 2.4.0