Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 04-08-2014, 02:40 PM   #1
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung tablet, Kobo Libra, InkPad 3 Pro
keyboard for rooted Nook HD/HD+?

I use Swiftkey on my android phone and love it, but the swiftkey tablet versions don't work on the Nooks for some reason. I hate the stock keyboard I'm using. I have Android 4.3.1 on my HD+ and 4.1.2 on my HD (running from a micro-sd card)
thanks!
catsknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:39 PM   #2
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
I use Swype+Dragon on my rooted Nook HD+. I love it.

I guess I should say it's a rooted, stock Nook HD+, if that makes any sense. I haven't changed to another OS or anything. I'm still at v2.2.0, just rooted.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:20 AM   #3
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I have Swiftkey Tablet on my HD+. I am running version 4.4.5.254 and it works perfectly fine.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:31 AM   #4
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

The Swiftkey tablet is greyed out in the Play store and says it's only for existing users as an update, that the new regular swiftkey works on both phones and tablets. But when I downloaded the latest version of Swiftkey on the tablet, and install it just doesn't run, it defaults back to the regular keyboard.
Did you get it through the Play store, or Amazon or elsewhere?

Karen
Old 04-09-2014, 08:53 AM   #5
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I got it through the Play Store. I notice that the icon, at the Play Store, now says Legacy on it. It tells new customers not to buy it, but that existing customers will continue to get updates.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:53 AM   #6
catsknit
Addict

Well, I realized I had gotten the full version from Amazon for my phone, so I went there and downloaded that one, and it seems to be working fine, whereas the trial from the Play store wouldn't! Not sure why but guess it's working now so no problems!
Old 06-01-2014, 02:47 AM   #7
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

catsknit, I suspect the reason it's not compatible in the Google Play store might have something to do with there being a version of it built into the Nook OS, so allowing its installation from Play might screw something up on a Nook HD that was still running stock Nook OS. The Play Store can't tell what OS you're running, so it locks you out based on your hardware ID.

I think it's the same reason you can't install the Nook Reader on a Cyanogenmodded Nook HD unless you go with a third-party app store that doesn't care what device you have.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote