Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-24-2012, 08:09 AM   #1
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Google Play eBook deal of the week: The Penultimate Truth

Google Play Books is running Philip K. Dicks' novel The Penultimate Truth for $3.99 (normally $9.99, I think). This book is available to read on the web, on mobile apps, or downloadable as Adobe DRM ePub and Adobe DRM PDF.

With the recent remake of Total Recall, I've seen several deals on Philip K. Dick. Looks like I have some reading to do...
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:58 AM   #2
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
This is a very interesting book--and could currently be topical here for its clear influences on Hugh Howie's Wool series. Of course, you have to have a fairly high tolerance for PKD's style to make it all the way to the end
Spoiler:
the time-traveling Cherokee pretty much destroys any suspension of disbelief
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
gweeks
Fanatic
gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket, Nook ST, Kobo WiFi, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
With the recent remake of Total Recall, I've seen several deals on Philip K. Dick. Looks like I have some reading to do...
PG has a few PKD shorts for free. I've noticed the same ones for sale at various places.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/author/33399

Greg Weeks
gweeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeks View Post
PG has a few PKD shorts for free. I've noticed the same ones for sale at various places.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/author/33399

Greg Weeks
Thanks. I've seen them for free several other places (and one of my libraries has several of them in Open EPUB format).
Old 08-24-2012, 11:07 PM   #5
LisaPT
LisaPT began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader PRS-600
Thanks for the heads up. I collected PKD's books in the seventies and eighties when they were mostly out of print. I got most of them from in paperback from the used book store. They were in poor shape then. Now I'm recollecting them in ebooks, where they will last as long as the electrons do!
LisaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:56 PM   #6
hwlester
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaPT View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I collected PKD's books in the seventies and eighties when they were mostly out of print. I got most of them from in paperback from the used book store. They were in poor shape then. Now I'm recollecting them in ebooks, where they will last as long as the electrons do!
I'm just starting to read them. I like the movies, so figured I'd read he short stories and books. So far, I've only read "We Can Remember It For You Wholesale." I need to read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?.