Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-24-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Galaxy Nexus HSDPA Unlocked $399

Sold directly from Google.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
So... darn... tempted... Must... resist... temptation...
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #3
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
So... darn... tempted... Must... resist... temptation...
It's a sweet deal, it sells here in Canada for $600 upfront, so that's a large discount. Too bad no shipping north of the 49.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #4
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
new samsung galaxy s3 coming soon too:
http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/23/29...ler/in/2546482

size tool:
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Sam...us_id5595/size
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
It's a sweet deal, it sells here in Canada for $600 upfront, so that's a large discount. Too bad no shipping north of the 49.
Have any friends in Bellingham?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #6
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post
new samsung galaxy s3 coming soon too:
http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/23/29...ler/in/2546482
Sure, but the Galaxy S3 will probably cost around $600~800 out of contract not to mention when Jellybean gets released, the Galaxy Nexus is bound to get it first (if the hardware can handle it, that is). Besides, TouchWiz slows things down. I have a Nexus S and a Galaxy S. Both have the same CPU and RAM but the Nexus S with stock Android runs noticeably smoother than the Galaxy S with TouchWiz. I'm not the type to play games on my phone anyway so a dual-core which costs half the price of the S3 will likely suit me just fine. I'm more after a smoother Android experience without the need to root or install custom ROMs. Still debating whether I want that big a phone, though. I already have a problem holding the Nexus S in one hand (of course, that one's a bit thicker).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:41 PM   #7
afv011
Captain Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Have any friends in Bellingham?
Unfortunately no; I have some relatives in the Bay Area though, but I'm not planning any trips there anytime soon, and delivering from there defeats the purpose as I'd have to pay import duty.

I'll hold for now, Google sold the original Nexus One in Canada, so they may do the same with the GNex a bit further down the road.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:29 AM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Unfortunately no; I have some relatives in the Bay Area though, but I'm not planning any trips there anytime soon, and delivering from there defeats the purpose as I'd have to pay import duty.
What about gifts? What price point triggers import duties?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:00 PM   #9
afv011
Captain Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
What about gifts? What price point triggers import duties?
I'm not certain how that works, but $399 is certainly expensive enough to have to be declared at the port of entry.