Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 02-17-2014, 09:07 PM   #1
pgarst
pgarst began at the beginning.

Device: none
Possible new odt conversion features

I'm converting a manuscript from odt to epub (and maybe other formats later), and there are some things currently lost by Calibre which I'd like to preserve. I'm contemplating adding these to Calibre, with the thought that they'd be generally useful:

1. Allow lists to span other paragraph types. Currently a list with inserted images or whatever restarts numbering at 1 after the insertion.

2. Optionally generate an alphabetical index from odt index tags.

3. Optionally preserve odt outline numbering on the headers.

I've never looked into the Calibre source code before, so I wanted to check with people who actually know something to see if this would be a foolish project, or if the functionality is already available elsewhere.
Thanks for any thoughts and suggestions.

Peter
pgarst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:51 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
1 and 3 exist in the docx input plugin. 2 does not exist anywhere as far as I know.

calibre actually uses the odfpy library to convert ODT. odfpy is not very good and is no longer actively maintained and someday I plan to re-write the ODT input plugin to reach feature parity with the docx input plugin, but it isn't a high priority.

If you wish to work on the ODT input plugin and/or odfpy you are welcome to do so.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
odt to epub