Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-11-2013, 02:55 AM   #1
Raja1205
Raja1205 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Paragraph text alignment in Fixed-Layout EPUB

In a printed book (PDF), each line of paragraph is justified (i.e start and end line will be even) but doing the same for "Fixed Layout ePub" is not the right way and its highly time consuming because of the followings:

1. If we position one by one line of text (from single paragraph) using <div> tag then we need to use CSS word-spacing property to match "start and end" word of each line exactly as per source PDF.
2. If we position a single paragraph (more than one line) using single <div> tag then we need to modify the font size, word-spacing, etc. to match "start and end" word of each line exactly as per source PDF.

My understanding is print version is different from the ePub version. Hence we need to match only the starting position of paragraph's text for "Fixed Layout" content (based on the source) and not worry about the ending position of word (justification of right side) and it's not the publisher requirement actually.

Note: Refer the screenshot, I have manually worked and matched the source PDF exactly for the paragraph alignment for "Fixed Layout" content and i think its not necessary.

Is this the actual publisher's requirement for "Fixed Layout" ePub content? Please clarify.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fixed Layout ePub_pargraph alignment.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	105734  
Raja1205 is offline   Reply With Quote