Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-26-2011, 08:58 PM   #76
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Vince; they DO know there are issues.... Just because Customer support does not know of firmware being worked on, does not mean a thing...

george.talusan is aware and is working on this.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:19 PM   #77
iamstillvince
iamstillvince began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Thanx,i hoped so, the kobo help has been horrible, asking me things i already answered in previous replies and asking me to try things i had already stated i tried. pretty sure they dint even read what i was writing.no other complaints at all so hopefully this gets fixed someday.
iamstillvince is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2011, 07:07 PM   #78
slowell
slowell began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo ereader touch
Since I changed from WEP 10 character to WPA 20 character and did the factory reset to clear the corrupted software message....all seems to be fine with mine now. I know there's a 1.9.5 being worked on and with it sounds like positive results....
slowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:50 PM   #79
Mostly Math
Groupie
Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (loaned out), KoboTouch (given away), KoboVox, KoboGlo, AuraHD
1.9.5 didn't seem to fix the login issue (at least not for me )
Mostly Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:54 PM   #80
george.talusan
Kobo Developer Intern
george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo
Hi Mostly Math,

Does your password happen to have < > in it?
george.talusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2011, 03:25 PM   #81
Mostly Math
Groupie
Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi George,

I sent you a PM with details about my password

Thanks for following up on this issue, I really do appreciate it.

S
Old 06-28-2011, 05:15 PM   #82
iamstillvince
iamstillvince began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
nope, still no connection to my WiFi with 1.9.5 ...other features are nice though. just glad for the open wifi in area, weak signal but good enough to sync
iamstillvince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:52 PM   #83
Captain_Obvious
Captain_Obvious began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc
Still have the same issues. Everything else about the firmware update is nice though!
Captain_Obvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:44 AM   #84
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
I'm on 1.9.5 as well - having the same issues as others on here. But love my new kobo touch apart from this.

I'm using WPA/WPA2 Personal, 13 char hex key, belkin n router
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:19 AM   #85
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
A strange workaround: If you have a cell phone that acts as a hotspot and that works with your WiFi (or if your data plan is big enough), my reader connected via WEP on my phone and also as an open WiFi. The hotspot only works within 30 feet so security is not an issue.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:08 PM   #86
Mostly Math
Groupie

Just an update, I still have big problems logging into my WIFI at home. George was able to recreate the account name etc and he had no problems logging in. Go figure! I tried logging in at a friends house today and it worked no problem. So..... who knows what to try next
Old 06-30-2011, 07:17 PM   #87
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostly Math View Post
Just an update, I still have big problems logging into my WIFI at home. George was able to recreate the account name etc and he had no problems logging in. Go figure! I tried logging in at a friends house today and it worked no problem. So..... who knows what to try next
What model router are you using, and just as important, what firmware (including version info) is on it?
Old 06-30-2011, 07:45 PM   #88
Mcjam24
Mcjam24 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
ok, here's my info
router is a dlink dir-615
using wpa2 with a 64 character alphanumeric pre-share key.
The kobo sees the network fine, but keeps saying that I'm using an invalid login.
I have tried with MAC filtering off and on, reset the router multiple times and have reset the kobo as well. I have tried manually adding the network, and again got the incorrect login for my network message.

It will connect with no security, so I know the wifi hardware is fine.
Mcjam24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:58 PM   #89
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I think PeterT was suggesting that you try updating the firmware on your router (or at least make sure it's current). The fact that you can connect the KT elsewhere suggests it's working, but obviously the KT firmware and some router firmware isn't playing friendly. That could be painful for them to figure out.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:34 PM   #90
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcjam24 View Post
ok, here's my info
router is a dlink dir-615
using wpa2 with a 64 character alphanumeric pre-share key.
The kobo sees the network fine, but keeps saying that I'm using an invalid login.
I have tried with MAC filtering off and on, reset the router multiple times and have reset the kobo as well. I have tried manually adding the network, and again got the incorrect login for my network message.

It will connect with no security, so I know the wifi hardware is fine.
There are actually 4 different models of the DIR-615;

Quote:
DIR-615
DIR-615_REVB
DIR-615_REVC
DIR-615_REVE
You can tell which model you have from the bottom
Quote:
Where do I locate the serial number (SN), hardware version/revision information (HW ver), MAC address and model number?
The serial number, hardware version/revision information, MAC address and model number, will be located on a label on both the outer box, and on the adapter itself, usually attached to the bottom of the unit.
615 had rev 1.00 and 1.10 firmware
615 B had 2.21, 2.23, 2.24 and 2.2.5
615 C had 3.00, 3.01, 3.10, 3.11NA, 3.12NA, 3.13NA
615 E had 5.00NA, 5.01NA and 5.10NA

Many of these revisions existed to fix compatibility issues with other manufacturers.

The main support page for the DIR-615 is http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=DIR-615 . On this page you can then click on "Support Resources", then after drilling into your particular version, then click on the Firmware link.

This is not to say it will solve the issues, but, the same way as often the advice for software issues is to ensure you are on current levels, it also applies to the software on routers.