Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #226
linux1999
linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Aura One
Log after long press (from home screen) with old debug build:

ScreenInverter: pressed(1) keycode(5a)
ScreenInverter: Toggled using button
ScreenInverter: update: typeartial, size:46x56 (0% updated)
ScreenInverter: pressed(0) keycode(5a)
ScreenInverter: update: typeartial, size:46x56 (0% updated)

Log with your new build (still not working)

ScreenInverter: Hooked to /usr/local/Kobo/nickel!
ScreenInverter: Removed LD_PRELOAD!
ScreenInverter: Got screen resolution: 1024x758
ScreenInverter: Read config: invert(no), retain(yes), longPressTimeout(800), nightRefresh(4)

Last edited by linux1999; 10-11-2013 at 04:51 PM.
linux1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:09 AM   #227
pixie777
pixie777 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
night time reading modoe . kobofile?

Hi
im sorry for a probably silly question

I am stuck on step 4 on the installation ....
Copy it to the .kobo folder on your device

where is the .kobo folder?

I open the device in finder and there are only my books and a folder called digital editions...

i just bought this kobo aura HD its version 2.8.1 is that too new?

please help me . I dont know why they have this night mode as the default......
pixie777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:42 AM   #228
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
pixie777: Are you using a Mac? If so, the system hides files that start with a dot from you, unless you set it not to. There are a number of different ways to show hidden files, depending on your comfort with Terminal. See here for a starting point:

http://mac.tutsplus.com/tutorials/os...files-in-os-x/
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:28 AM   #229
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: kobo touch
No news about night mode for Aura?
Thanks
stanlefor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #230
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Anybody tested this yet on the newly released 2.10.0 firmware for the Kobo Glo? Is the current "Build 9" of the patch safe to install? Thanks!
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:21 AM   #231
yoq
Developer
yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
sorry guys, i have been incredibly busy the last weeks, and its not getting better...
for the aura, it would be the best if a developer who owns the device will give it a shot. i don't think much is different, but creating test builds and waiting for logs takes just too much time.
starting point: the eInk interface has a new ioctl: MXCFB_SEND_UPDATE_ORG

as for 2.10: the update is not yet available for me
yoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:44 AM   #232
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Hi my friends,

Someone has tested night mode with FW 2.10 ?
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:51 AM   #233
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: kobo touch
No worries yoq, the work your doing is already so useful!
stanlefor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #234
sirtao
sirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura aboutsirtao has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
Hi my friends,

Someone has tested night mode with FW 2.10 ?
Yep, it works
sirtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:38 AM   #235
linux1999
linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtao View Post
Yep, it works
Just updated the glo with the firmware found in the apposite firmware thread and it works here too. There is the link to the firmware for the Aura too for those interested for any reason...

Last edited by linux1999; 11-05-2013 at 06:46 AM.
linux1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #236
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It works with 2.10.0! Thank you so much!

I so wish Kobo would make this an officially supported feature. The majority of my reading on my Kobo Glo is done in night mode, and I don't believe any other E Ink e-reader offers a night mode out of the box.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #237
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
It works but, if you use a light between 2% and 9%, on firmware 2.10, switching the nightmode changes the light to 1%.

The problem is that at 1% there is a bug that prevents leds to turn on, when Frontlight is switched, or Glo awaken from stand-by.
With 2.8.1 i set 2% to avoid the bug and switching Night mode on and off leaved 2%, now with 2.10.0 night mode changes 2% to 1% every time making the bug really annoying.
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #238
RobertJSawyer
Guru

eXistenZ, I'm not having that problem with my Kobo Glo, firmware 2.10, and a Kobo Sleepcover. Setting the brightness to 2% works fine, the setting is maintained at 2% between openings and closings of the cover, and the light comes on properly when the cover is opened and shuts off when it is closed.

It's only when powering off with a long press of the power switch -- which is not the same as stand-by/sleep, initiated by a short press -- that I see the setting being redued to 1% on powering back on and when powered on, the light is off until I press the physical light button again.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:25 AM   #239
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
It's correct, stand-by using sleep cover or power button leaves light at the right %, powering off moves it to 1%.

My problem is that also de/activating the night mode moves light to 1%, for instance i have light on at 2%, long pressing light button turns off the light then activates Night Mode, at this point I press the light button again to turn on the light, but this doesn't appen because it's moved to 1%.

EDIT: It's not the long press to change the light % to 1, every pression on the light button resets it, has nothing to do with night mode, sorry

The solution is to manually change the value of FrontLightLevel= in .kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf from 1 to 2 ore whatever you like.

Last edited by eXistenZ; 11-06-2013 at 02:10 PM.
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #240
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
It's correct, stand-by using sleep cover or power button leaves light at the right %, powering off moves it to 1%.

My problem is that also de/activating the night mode moves light to 1%, for instance i have light on at 2%, long pressing light button turns off the light then activates Night Mode, at this point I press the light button again to turn on the light, but this doesn't appen because it's moved to 1%.

EDIT: It's not the long press to change the light % to 1, every pression on the light button rests it, has nothing to do with night mode, sorrythe solution is to manually change the value of FrontLightLevel= in .kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf from 1 to 2 ore whatever you like.
I have the same problem on my Glo, so it's not just you.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo, hack, mini, night mode, touch