Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-14-2011, 06:22 PM   #106
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete-1818 View Post
Hello,
Pickup one from CVS with 25% discount...sweet.

To root, I did the following
Downloaded from file CMP-738a-update-2011-03-03-rls4.2.7z
rename file to update.img
copied file to root dic tablet
Clear Cache
Reboot
Want into Android Market...did not buy any apps

It seems everything fine! But how do I check to see if I am on Android 2.1 and everything is fine.

Thank you for all of your help!!
Hi, Pete.

You didn't list the step there, but since it's working for you, I'm going to assume that you uncompressed the file before you renamed it, right?

If the software went through the upgrade process, and you were able to boot up, then that's 90% of the battle. The only other thing some people have reported is having a problem w/ Android Market. Just go into the Market and download one of the free apps to check it. If it doesn't work right away, run aCCleaner and clear the cache and data for all your apps, reboot, and try the Market again. Let us know how you make out!
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:24 PM   #107
craigapad
craigapad began at the beginning.

Device: craig android pad
hi members: I have a concern related to hardware, on the back of the gadget it says, "The cord contains lead and harmful to children, can cause cancer and reproductive issues etc."

I assume cord means power cord.
How different this power card is different from other cords.

I have not seen this kind of warning on the other gadgets, is it really dangerous to kids?

Do you guys have any comments on this?

thanks in advance.
craigapad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:28 PM   #108
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigapad View Post
hi members: I have a concern related to hardware, on the back of the gadget it says, "The cord contains lead and harmful to children, can cause cancer and reproductive issues etc."

I have not seen this kind of warning on the other gadgets, is it really dangerous to kids?

thanks in advance.
I think it's very serious. You should send your tablet to me.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:35 PM   #109
gpzjack
gpzjack began at the beginning.

Device: craig g-tablet archos5
i moved the img file to the craig..unplugged the usb and nothing happens. I see other people asking and no one answers. Do i need to do the multiple button method?

thanks

update. I figured it out. update.img.img the file appears as...long hold...rename and take off the second img and you're good to go.

Last edited by gpzjack; 03-14-2011 at 06:48 PM.
gpzjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #110
gpzjack

what is the signal strength bar at the top for...its not for wifi...leftover phone item?

P.S. I have to admit for $100 this thing is a nice little tab. I had a archos7 and it was a terd compared to this thing.

Last edited by gpzjack; 03-14-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:28 AM   #111
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpzjack View Post
i moved the img file to the craig..unplugged the usb and nothing happens. I see other people asking and no one answers. Do i need to do the multiple button method?

thanks

update. I figured it out. update.img.img the file appears as...long hold...rename and take off the second img and you're good to go.
Sorry I didn't answer that question. When I saw the question the first time, the person asking it had already updated it with the same solution you came to.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:29 AM   #112
bhartman36
Wizard

Quote:
what is the signal strength bar at the top for...its not for wifi...leftover phone item?

P.S. I have to admit for $100 this thing is a nice little tab. I had a archos7 and it was a terd compared to this thing.
The signal strength bar is there because this particular version of Android expects to be run on a phone. I haven't seen it, but I would assume that Honeycomb, since it's built for tablets, doesn't have this indicator on Wifi-only tablets.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:32 AM   #113
bhartman36
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigapad View Post

thanks in advance.
I think it's just a warning that lead was used somewhere in the wire in the cord. As long as the cord is intact, I don't think there's much to worry about. But if you're concerned, you can certainly look for a cord with the same specs (in terms of voltage, etc.). I doubt it's a specialty part.

Last edited by bhartman36; 03-15-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:52 AM   #114
Pete-1818
Pete-1818 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartman36 View Post
Hi, Pete.

You didn't list the step there, but since it's working for you, I'm going to assume that you uncompressed the file before you renamed it, right?

If the software went through the upgrade process, and you were able to boot up, then that's 90% of the battle. The only other thing some people have reported is having a problem w/ Android Market. Just go into the Market and download one of the free apps to check it. If it doesn't work right away, run aCCleaner and clear the cache and data for all your apps, reboot, and try the Market again. Let us know how you make out!
Thank you. I try download aCCleaner app and nothing happens. It also said "There are no Android phones associated with this account. Please sign in with a different account."
Pete-1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:58 PM   #115
bhartman36
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete-1818 View Post
Thank you. I try download aCCleaner app and nothing happens. It also said "There are no Android phones associated with this account. Please sign in with a different account."
You should probably log in to your Gmail account first. I've heard that doing that helps people with the Market.

aCCleaner is already installed on the unit once you've put on the new firmware, so you don't need to get it from the Market. Touch the icon that looks like a square grid. That will bring up a full list of all your apps. You should see it then.

All of this, of course, assumes you've already installed the custom firmware (either the 4.2 version or the Froyo version).

Let me know if you need more help. I'm glad to see people taking an interest.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:32 PM   #116
gpzjack

Only problem i have had so far is that playback on angry birds is reall choppy. Not sure why...my archos5 has no problems with it..

i'm running the 4.2 rom. Whats the word on the froyo rom?
Old 03-15-2011, 03:30 PM   #117
bhartman36
Wizard

Quote:
Only problem i have had so far is that playback on angry birds is reall choppy. Not sure why...my archos5 has no problems with it..

i'm running the 4.2 rom. Whats the word on the froyo rom?
Angry Birds is better on 4.2 for me than it was on other versions, but it's still too slow to be enjoyable.

Shad's working on improving the Froyo ROM, but hasn't released an update yet. Some people have had good luck with it, while others have reported it locks up a lot. Some people have reported being able to run Flash, but I haven't gotten it to work on 4.2 or the Froyo ROM.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #118
irep146jesus
Jesus Freak
irep146jesus began at the beginning.

Device: craigs 7" android tablet
Ok so I noticed what some was saying about fine lines outlining the screen. However mines isnt really that noticeable unless you are starring from every every angle. But i do understand consumer wants when it comes to quality products and that small issue shouldnt be acceptable. ...

Apart from that issue...

I have a question. Ok I know when you go to the wireless settings and mobile settings, adding apn settings, one of the options is type which includes CDMA settings for your mobile... My cell phone service is MetroPcs and I do not know the apn settings which is CDMA. I tried googling it, however almost every forum had 10 thousands different answers. After calling metro pcs for their apn settings, i was told they are unable to provide me that information. Metro Pcs cell phones unlike Sim card type phones, does not show the settings. This sucks. I want my mobile settings on my tablet like everyone else. Google voice only works with wifi which is not possible at all times. So I guess the question is, do any one of you have any solutions lol. I know this is vague.
irep146jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:06 PM   #119
bhartman36
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by irep146jesus View Post
Ok so I noticed what some was saying about fine lines outlining the screen. However mines isnt really that noticeable unless you are starring from every every angle. But i do understand consumer wants when it comes to quality products and that small issue shouldnt be acceptable. ...

Apart from that issue...

I have a question. Ok I know when you go to the wireless settings and mobile settings, adding apn settings, one of the options is type which includes CDMA settings for your mobile... My cell phone service is MetroPcs and I do not know the apn settings which is CDMA. I tried googling it, however almost every forum had 10 thousands different answers. After calling metro pcs for their apn settings, i was told they are unable to provide me that information. Metro Pcs cell phones unlike Sim card type phones, does not show the settings. This sucks. I want my mobile settings on my tablet like everyone else. Google voice only works with wifi which is not possible at all times. So I guess the question is, do any one of you have any solutions lol. I know this is vague.
The Craig tablet doesn't have an internal cell radio. The only way you're going to be able to use a 3G network with the tablet is if you have a USB cell modem or if you get tethering working. I've tried Barnacle to tether to my cell phone, but it hasn't worked so far.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:44 PM   #120
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru
tipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-books

Device: 7015A, CM738A, 7015, M150, A7, A32, Next3, PDN 7"/9", GT78, ePad
Panel issue is something you can live with out not. The WiFi is acting up then the battery when it dead it shuts the unit off. The panel isn't HD seems lower quality though even though tablet supports HD 720p.
tipstir is offline   Reply With Quote