Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 03:15 AM   #1
DonErick
Reads all the time
DonErick began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Howdy (I'm from Texas)

Just now joining this forum to get help with my newest device. I've had various readers over the years starting with a Sony Reader about 5 years ago and continuing with reader software on my PC, Linux, and Android devices. Just got a Kindle paperwhite to take advantage of discounted and free books from Android when one has a kindle. Trying to load other books onto it, especially free pdfs on various computer topics. Enjoy the size and weight of the kindle, but wish it had a backlight for nighttime reading. "I'd read in my sleep if I could keep my eyes open" (Robert Heinlein)
Old 06-03-2015, 05:41 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Don and welcome to MobileRead. I'm still hanging with my Sony but, when it finally dies, I've thought the Paperwhite would be a good replacement.
Advert
Old 06-03-2015, 11:59 PM   #3
kalwisti
Enthusiast
kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kalwisti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight
Howdy backatcha, Don, and welcome to MobileRead. There are lots of knowledgeable folks here who can answer questions about almost any e-reader.

I hope you'll enjoy your Kindle Paperwhite. I have one question about what you wrote, though ... (Apologies if I've misunderstood).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonErick View Post
Enjoy the size and weight of the kindle, but wish it had a backlight for nighttime reading.
AFAIK, the Paperwhite has a built-in front light. Are you sure that you don't have the light control (i.e., the light bulb icon on the top toolbar) turned down all the way?
Old 06-04-2015, 06:00 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Welcome to Mobileread.

If you have a Kindle Paperwhite (as your profile indicates), then you have a FRONTLIGHT.

If you have any questions on your Kindle, please address all questions to the Amazon Kindle forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Closed Thread