Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-02-2014, 03:03 PM   #16
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
This unit is so different I wonder if it is a different product entirely and perhaps they are still working on the other one. This one looks like a display only device for displaying CAD drawings but not a CAD system per se. Much less RAM, no Android, focus on remote display features.

Dale
They did call it the Flex.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 02:16 AM   #17
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
I don't think there is room for so many variations of a very niche device to be sold simultaneously. But the next model could have all those this one is missing.
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2014, 05:23 AM   #18
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
As I understood Pocketbook only presented renderings of this device (CAD Reader Flex).
Hope to see another version in December 2015.

We might get updated version of NoteSlate meanwhile.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:35 PM   #19
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
the new specs don't bother me so much as long as you can still side-load pdfs and epubs. lack of a front light is a bummer but i would still get it. i think the decision to make it non-touch makes sense since it's meant for use in the field at the construction site. the site would be dusty and the device would easily get dirty. i would imagine that they would design it to be easily cleaned. so adding touch capabilities only adds another point of failure. i can work with this.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 04:29 PM   #20
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
the new specs don't bother me so much as long as you can still side-load pdfs and epubs. lack of a front light is a bummer but i would still get it. i think the decision to make it non-touch makes sense since it's meant for use in the field at the construction site. the site would be dusty and the device would easily get dirty. i would imagine that they would design it to be easily cleaned. so adding touch capabilities only adds another point of failure. i can work with this.
I ran this by a construction engineer and she said that a 13" screen wasn't big enough for blueprints. One would need to scroll around a blueprint in order to see it, and also zoom in and out. That's going to be a lot harder to do without the touchscreen.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2014, 04:38 AM   #21
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I ran this by a construction engineer and she said that a 13" screen wasn't big enough for blueprints. One would need to scroll around a blueprint in order to see it, and also zoom in and out. That's going to be a lot harder to do without the touchscreen.
I agree. The target audience and marketing is a complete failure. No engineer is going to buy this for the purpose of using it at work. We wouldn't have bought it for the limited screen size alone, but without lack of pen input (or even just touch input) it's completely ridiculous to think that such a brick could be used at work. It seems to be a curse on 13" readers that companies do but stupid things with it, although the tech is readily available.

Last edited by ManDay; 12-06-2014 at 04:40 AM.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 03:31 PM   #22
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
I suppose that without pen or touchscreen, it will be very hard to crop a PDF file... I don't see the interest if it isn't possible. And I hope that some other format than PDF will be supported.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 02:57 PM   #23
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Pocketbook is dreaming wild. New video on YouTube: CAR Reader Flex and CAD Reader: http://youtu.be/QPHslmRrMEw

Android OS and Wacom digitizer.
Good CGI.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 03:09 PM   #24
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
Pocketbook is dreaming wild. New video on YouTube: CAR Reader Flex and CAD Reader: http://youtu.be/QPHslmRrMEw

Good CGI.
Great, I wondered about that. They are proceeding with both devices. Good for them.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 05:50 AM   #25
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Quote:

Good CGI.
Brilliant CGI

I'm also very happy to hear that they have kept a Pen-enabled device. Like asdfffdsa remarked in his post I'll be waiting for the Pocketbook CAD reader than rather wasting money on the Sony. A touchscreen like the Sony has it would also be really nice, I think, but I can live without that. The M92 didn't have it and I coped so far.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 03:42 PM   #26
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:

Good CGI.
Let's just hope they don't decide to put a frontlight layer thereon i.e. postpone it till summer/autumn 2015 and then, almost come winter, start promising a color too

Last edited by markom; 12-24-2014 at 08:53 AM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 01:32 PM   #27
asdfffdsa
asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!asdfffdsa , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: not sharing
I contacted Pocketbook and they confirmed that there are two separate devices, as detailed in the promotional video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPHslmRrMEw and on the non-US versions of the website (I wanted to confirm this because several online sources seem to be under the assumption that the CAD Reader Flex was substituting the prior model).

I also confirmed that the version of Android they're preinstalling will permit access to the Google Play Store.
asdfffdsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 04:22 PM   #28
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
The big problem will be the price
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:08 PM   #29
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
The big problem will be the price
Maybe not with some more competition around the corner by the summer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-Sn...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by markom; 01-08-2015 at 10:17 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:55 AM   #30
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Answer from support:

Quote:
Dear Xxxxx,

Thank you for your interest in Pocketbook products.

Pocketbook CAD Reader will come into the market in approximately May 2015.

The device will become available for order online on our official webpage.

The approximately estimated price is 990 euros. The exact price will be announced later. More information on this model can be found in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5yE...M3pyfB3CNNSM1g

As soon as the device is available for order, you will be additionally informed about it per email.

Should you have further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us again.
So ... it won't be as 'cheap' as expected. Whatever, I want one of these 13.3 inch ones.

Last edited by joblack; 01-09-2015 at 10:59 AM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote