Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-21-2014, 10:48 AM   #46
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
Oh.. I thought it would be just as usable as the one for the iPad3 which I have and love. I never take the 3 with me anywhere anymore, it just lives in the sitting room on a table, ready for work or play. I love that one, and thought the mini would behave the same
It might work fine for you. For me, the mini was positioned where it was leaning too far forward and as a result it made using and reading the screen difficult. But everyone positions their laptop screen uniquely to their needs. Since the Logitech is stationary in its tilt, I was not able to adjust it into a usable position.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:41 PM   #47
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I just ordered the Kudocase Solar battery case for the mini. I've bought their solar powered battery cases for the iPad and iPad 2 and really like them. Hopefully the case for the mini will be just as good.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2014, 07:13 AM   #48
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I just ordered the Kudocase Solar battery case for the mini. I've bought their solar powered battery cases for the iPad and iPad 2 and really like them. Hopefully the case for the mini will be just as good.
Doesn't that mean that you have to take the case off - or at least unplug something - before you can attach the USB cable? That doesn't sound very convenient.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:05 AM   #49
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Some battery cases will pass through, others you have to take it out. The older style Kudocases required that you take the iPad out of the case. I'm not sure about the new ones since it's not scheduled to show up until sometime Monday. It's not nearly as much of an issue now that you can sync to your computer via wifi.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 04:26 PM   #50
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I've just bought a snugg case for my mini. It seems to be high quality and functional.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2014, 04:39 PM   #51
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
I've just bought a snugg case for my mini. It seems to be high quality and functional.
Funnily enough I've ordered one today, the red one. I already have a black one on my Air and hubby has the distressed brown one on his ipad 3.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:35 PM   #52
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Funnily enough I've ordered one today, the red one. I already have a black one on my Air and hubby has the distressed brown one on his ipad 3.
How many cases do you have for your Mini now, Josie?
Old 03-23-2014, 01:00 PM   #53
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
How many cases do you have for your Mini now, Josie?
Actually this will only be number 2 .

The Apple Smart case went back on Saturday as I felt the front did not offer enough protection for transporting in a handbag.
The ISKIN Vibes case was returned on Friday as I didn't like the texture or the solid plastic stand strips which would have laid against the screen.
The Kajauli case went back today as that weighs 280grams , which is far too heavy.

My first case was the Lente designs Crazy Daisy which is lovely, and only weighs 124 grams, but its a tri fold which as a stand is too fragile and unstable. I am keeping this one though.

I wanted a flat front case but I have given up looking, we have Snugg cases on both my Air and hubbys ipad 3 so we know the quality and a friend of mine has one for her mini and she weighed it for me, it weighs 154 grams, so weight should be fine.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:46 PM   #54
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
The Apple Smart case went back on Saturday as I felt the front did not offer enough protection for transporting in a handbag.
I feel the same about the smart cover. Its what I use at home, but if I am out and about I switch to the kensington leather which does *not* have a magnet in it to turn it into anything smart. That way, I know its not going to be randomly switching on in my bag whilst out. I used the smart cover on a longish train trip and it switched on in my bag, and was on for 3 hours it seemed. All it takes is for the cover to shift slightly and there ya go. It was really hot, too, when I took it out at the other end.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:46 AM   #55
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Actually this will only be number 2 .

The ISKIN Vibes case was returned on Friday as I didn't like the texture or the solid plastic stand strips which would have laid against the screen.
The Kajauli case went back today as that weighs 280grams , which is far too heavy.
Take care. Stores not uncommonly close the accounts of people who buy and return excessive numbers of products. Amazon in particular.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:55 AM   #56
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Take care. Stores not uncommonly close the accounts of people who buy and return excessive numbers of products. Amazon in particular.
Luckily none of those came from the same retailer, and none from Amazon. Two came from the manufacturers and one from Mobilefun. All stated a no quibble refund policy if I wasn't satisfied. My Snugg is coming direct from Snugg too.

That's why I've given up looking as I scoured the high street too. Snugg is a known product as we already have two. It's not a flat front but it's seems the best I can find now.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:58 AM   #57
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Amazon is one retailer I'm loathe to order from too be honest. I'm anti Amazon right now anyway over what they did to my account (privacy issues) and most cases are supplied by third parties and are too unknown in quality/weight etc for me to risk ordering any.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:46 AM   #58
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Amazon is one retailer I'm loathe to order from too be honest. I'm anti Amazon right now anyway over what they did to my account (privacy issues) and most cases are supplied by third parties and are too unknown in quality/weight etc for me to risk ordering any.
What did they do to your account?

FYI, I heard that next year companies like Amazon and Apple will have to charge a higher VAT in the UK that might raise purchases by up to 20%. Something about the UK closing a VAT loop hole wherein some companies were selling through other countries where the VAT was as low as 3%.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:51 AM   #59
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
FYI, I heard that next year companies like Amazon and Apple will have to charge a higher VAT in the UK that might raise purchases by up to 20%. Something about the UK closing a VAT loop hole wherein some companies were selling through other countries where the VAT was as low as 3%.
Only applies to ebooks and MP3s, Jack. At the moment they're being charged at the Luxembourg VAT rate of 3%. From 1st Jan 2015, all "downloaded" purchases have to charge the VAT rate of the customer, not the supplier. Physical goods already are. Doesn't just affect the UK; it will apply in all EU countries.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:23 AM   #60
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Only applies to ebooks and MP3s, Jack. At the moment they're being charged at the Luxembourg VAT rate of 3%. From 1st Jan 2015, all "downloaded" purchases have to charge the VAT rate of the customer, not the supplier. Physical goods already are. Doesn't just affect the UK; it will apply in all EU countries.
Wow, 20% sounds really high, but without knowing the taxing structures it is impossible to tell. Here in the USA we have way too many taxing authorities including local cities, school districts, counties (shires or parishes), states, the federal (national) government, and a few others. Add to that the import/export taxes and fees that are added to the price of goods before we even purchase them, and we might be paying that much too. Some items, like liquor and tobacco, have extra high taxes added, but you don't notice those taxes because they are simply added to the price without designating it as a tax per se. Needless to say I guess there is universal disdain of the tax man (exchequer).