Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-16-2012, 11:22 PM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
[Kindle Touch] Russian dictionary?

It looks like Kindle still does not support Russian dictionaries:

- I installed a Russian-English dictionary that was referenced elsewhere here
- It shows up as the default dictionary for 'Russian'
- Did a lookup in my Russian text and it uses this dictionary, but
- lookup fails.

So it seems the lang attributes are set correctly but it still does not work.

Has anyone had success with this?

Thanks
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
tommytomtom
Enthusiast
tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi tomsem,

actually, I don't have problems with Russian dictionnaries! Maybe the in-Kindle conversion from cyrillic letters to latin ones is different in the dictionary...
Btw, where did you get the dictionary from?

Good luck
tommytomtom
tommytomtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2012, 12:15 AM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytomtom View Post
Hi tomsem,

actually, I don't have problems with Russian dictionnaries! Maybe the in-Kindle conversion from cyrillic letters to latin ones is different in the dictionary...
Btw, where did you get the dictionary from?

Good luck
tommytomtom
I found it on the-ebook.org somewhere. See this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=108468

Where is yours from?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:11 AM   #4
tommytomtom
Enthusiast
tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.tommytomtom never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi tomsem,

I have my dictionaries as well from from that site! Somehow they work for me! However, maybe the dictionaries don't have all the declinations and conjugations and thus you have problems looking the words up... Try it with some other words and if you still have problems, we could try the same example!

Good luck,
Tommytomtom
tommytomtom is offline   Reply With Quote