Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-24-2010, 10:30 PM   #31
NiaTrue
Edge User

vicnic, I got the (very funny) joke about the brain surgeons. Nothing lost in translation there. My comment about headsets in the operating room was also a joke, alefor, playing on vicnic's. I didn't really think surgeons were doing brain surgery while chatting on their phones! If so, I'd hate to see those malpractice premiums--or be one of their patients. FYI, Oracle, surgeons who perform operations while chatting with wired headsets have even higher malpractice insurance rates, especially in New York and Cook counties. Jokes aside, I'm truly sorry if my New York snark (a cousin of British irony) was out of line or misinterpreted.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:00 AM   #32
johntm
Edge User

Based on personal experience, I would be very careful regarding radiation exposure. I frequently hold my edge in my lap for
long periods and I have noticed a significant enlargement in the genital area. I have considered lead underwear, but I'm afraid
it would increase my fear of water.

Advert
Old 06-15-2010, 11:51 AM   #33
NiaTrue
Edge User

FYI, this article appeared on CNN today; it refers to critics' charges that the methodology of the cell phone study is flawed.

Old 06-19-2010, 06:02 AM   #34
Nick_Djinn
Edge User

Using bluetooth (wireless bluetooth) is better for your brain. Just holding the phone a few inches back greatly reduces the amount of radiation your are exposed to.

There are a lot of pseudo-skeptics who deny that cell phones can cause cancer.....in reality they are only slightly association with an increased risk of very specific types of gliomas and other cancers......so the total cancer increase is within the margin of error, but the increase for these specific cancers is practically definitive....some people misrepresent facts to make the phones either look totally benign or a near certain death sentence....in reality they are neither. They do somewhat increase your risk however, but you can mitigate that risk by holding the phone away from your brain, even a few inches back on speaker phone.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:52 PM   #35
NiaTrue
Edge User

I do think there's a definitive link between cell phone radiation and gliomas (though previous studies have been methodologically flawed), but I got a chuckle out of this. Hope i'm not eating my words some day: "Bee Decline Linked to Cell Phone Radiation."

Advert