Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 01-22-2011, 01:04 AM   #1
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
eco reader problem

When I download a book onto my reader, it show up as 2 files. One is the book, the other doesn't open, has the name of the book with an underscore at the beginning. When plug the device into the computer the strange file doesn't show up, so I can't get rid of it that way. I'm not very computer literate so would appreciate some help with this.

Apart from this I just love my reader, never thought I would change from "real" books.

TIA
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:24 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Do you have a mac? This is likely a mac resource file. There are programs that can get rid of this file available.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I knew someone would have the answer, thanks Dale. What do I have to do to get rid of them? If it's too techie I'll have to wait till one of my sons comes for a visit. Or I could use my husband's ancient PC for downloading my books but would rather not.

Thanks again for solving the mystery,
Anne
Old 01-23-2011, 04:34 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by amward View Post
I knew someone would have the answer, thanks Dale. What do I have to do to get rid of them? If it's too techie I'll have to wait till one of my sons comes for a visit. Or I could use my husband's ancient PC for downloading my books but would rather not.

Thanks again for solving the mystery,
Anne
Type "removing mac resource fork" without the quotes into Google or the search engine of your choice.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:33 PM   #5
amward
Wizard

Worked out how to delete these extra files! I plugged the sd card into the pc and the odd files showed up so I could delete them, doesn't seem to have made any difference to the book files. Trying to prevent them looked all too hard, a job for one of the boys when they come to visit.

Anne
Advert