Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 05-17-2007, 02:38 AM   #76
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I didn't realise that these were out of copyright, but I've just checked the dates and you're absolutely right - they are!

I'd go for an omnibus edition. Has to be illustrated, of course - it's the pictures which "make" these books.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:31 AM   #77
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib
...if someone wants it.

It's ready to go. Let me know if someone wants this. The only reason I'm hesitant is that I don't have PART TWO.

Please let me know, and I'll do it instantly.

Thanks,
Don
"Part 1" and "Part 2" are completely separate books - don't worry about it. "Part 1" is the book that everyone knows as "Pilgrim's Progress". Part 2 was written many years later, and is much less known - it's basically "more of the same", but for Pilgrim's wife and family rather than him.
Advert
Old 05-17-2007, 06:13 AM   #78
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Working on "Idylls of the King," by Tennyson

I'm 1/3 through it, but I decided to READ last night. (Fancy that, actually reading!!!)

What's slowing my progress - other than READING - is dividing the lines into the correct stanzas.

Oh, yes -- did I mention that I'm READING.

You see, I just discovered that I can READ the wonderful books that everyone's making available to us!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:53 PM   #79
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

By the way - I've just posted the complete "Dr Thorndyke" short stories of R. Austin Freeman. This is an author I've only recently discovered, and I'm completely "hooked". Dr Thorndyke is a "forensic investigator", and one of the first "scientific" detectives, and he features in numerous novels and short stories. I'll do some collections of the novels over the next few days.

Freeman invented the "inverted" detective story, where the reader knows all the details of the crime from the beginning, and the story concerns the progress of the detective in piecing together the crime from the evidence (yes, exactly the "Columbo"!). Not all his books are of this type, but those that are are a refreshing change from the conventional "whodunnit".

It's so fantastic to come across a new author who "hooks" you, and Freeman was extremely prolific. Lots of great stuff to come!
Old 05-17-2007, 05:22 PM   #80
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
I have the html files for 17 Beatrix Potter's Peter Rabbit series of books that my wife loves. I am leaning toward an omnibus version as each book is quite small even with the illustrations in them.

Any suggestions or comments?
i always liked flopsy best
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2007, 07:03 AM   #81
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I've now posted all the currently available "Dr Thorndyke" books of R. Austin Freeman - a "complete short stories" collection, and 14 novels, split into 4 "omnibus" volumes. The sharp-eyed, looking at PG, might notice that there are a few books I've not included - these are short story collections, and all are included in the short story omnibus.

Freeman wrote many more books featuring Dr. Thorndyke - if and when more appear on PG, I'll do them for the Reader.

Dr Thorndyke is a wonderful read. Do give these a go if you enjoy detective stories!
Old 05-19-2007, 07:47 PM   #82
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
H.G. Wells - War of the Worlds

War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells is my next book I am working on. I'm almost done. You might find a neat trick in this as far as the footers go.

Jon
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:19 AM   #83
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Itttttttt's commmming!!!

Lilith

Only the TOC knows for sure

As soon as my virus scan is finished, I'll finish the TOC.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:48 PM   #84
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Intent to post John Woolman's Journal

It is a wonderful work that I started to format earlier today as part of the Harvard Classic series; but, I started to read the book, and read, and read, and finish. All I can say is "WOW"

However I must ask you indulgence as I seem to have a problem in BD that I don't know how to get around and will have to delete and reload the program. For some reason it has started to ignore all chapter titles other than the first and the last. It also ignores page breaks both automatic at chapter starts and user inserted. No entries are present in the TOC for these ignored items. This was plain to see on Franklin's Autobiography and I don't want to post another book with the same problems. Yes, I have tried all that I know about to set the options and configurations.

Thank you for your understanding.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:04 PM   #85
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
Intent to post John Woolman's Journal

It is a wonderful work that I started to format earlier today as part of the Harvard Classic series; but, I started to read the book, and read, and read, and finish. All I can say is "WOW"

However I must ask you indulgence as I seem to have a problem in BD that I don't know how to get around and will have to delete and reload the program. For some reason it has started to ignore all chapter titles other than the first and the last. It also ignores page breaks both automatic at chapter starts and user inserted. No entries are present in the TOC for these ignored items. This was plain to see on Franklin's Autobiography and I don't want to post another book with the same problems. Yes, I have tried all that I know about to set the options and configurations.

Thank you for your understanding.
if you post the HTML0 for Ben franklin's book, I'll just load it as is and make a new LRF and post it and you can see if it's ok as you intended it to be.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:05 PM   #86
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

The next book I am going to be working on is Doctor Dolittle's Garden with illustrations. I don't have the author's name handy at the moment. But I'll have it done before we leave for Florida on Thursday morning for 5 days.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:11 PM   #87
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf
if you post the HTML0 for Ben franklin's book, I'll just load it as is and make a new LRF and post it and you can see if it's ok as you intended it to be.
Got it fixed, I will post the revised book within the hour. Thanks for the offer.

Last edited by RWood; 05-20-2007 at 09:14 PM.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:45 PM   #88
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
I'm going to be doing The Princess And The Goblin, and The Princess And Curdie next... By George MacDonald.

I love Illustrated books so...

Last edited by Roy White; 05-21-2007 at 02:43 AM.
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:36 PM   #89
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I'm working on more Proust, - 'Within a Budding Grove' is the next in sequence. Also on Charlotte Bronte's 'Villette'.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:12 AM   #90
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Vathek v2 has better cover page and a CONTENTS page...

even though the CONTENTS page has only two hyperlinks.

This is finished; it's a great read if you like oriental-styled tales like the Arabian Nights.

Hey!!!! What an idea, Harry, THE ARABIAN NIGHTS!!! -- I'm glad I thought of it...HAVEN'T YOU FINISHED THIS ONE YET??!!!

Anyway, VATHEK is a wonderful novel and "oriental-ness," if you know what I mean.

Don