HenryP began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Introductions

Hello everyone,and a special greeting to Rebecca. Henry
HenryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:33 PM   #2
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Greetings Henry:
What ereading device interests you the most? We have lots of members from "down under". If you need any specific help, there is always a member that will come to your rescue.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2009, 08:04 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryP View Post
Hello everyone,and a special greeting to Rebecca. Henry
Hello, HenryP, and welcome to MobileRead.

Now I"m curious as to who Rebecca is.

Hope that by sticking around, we can instill a 'lust' for your own dedicated ebook reader!

desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:05 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
This must be a sign that I need to read "Rebecca" right now (I got it from the library and now it is overdue).

Welcome to the forum!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:06 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
G'Day HenryP and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2009, 04:47 PM   #6
HenryP
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
Greetings Henry:
What ereading device interests you the most? We have lots of members from "down under". If you need any specific help, there is always a member that will come to your rescue.

cheers
Hello Leep,
Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I'm inexperienced with the structure of newsgroups and have spent most of my time trying to figure out what's what.
So now that it's beginning to make sense I'm responding to acknowledge your welcome.
My purpose in joining the group is that I'm an author and want to get my stuff out there to see if I can attract readers; i.e., I'm interested in Calibre type software for compiling e-books.
henry
Old 02-17-2009, 04:52 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hi henry and welcome. you've come to the right place : you will soon see that mobileread members LOVE authors, particularly authors who want to publish ebooks. please take a look around and don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have, there are a lot of friendly experts around to give you the answers. since you are just starting out i recommend you take a look at the epub forum ; that is the new industry standard format and you should definitely publish in that. it's a very useful format because it can be read natively on more and more devices and it's also very easy to convert it to other formats if necessary.

happy ebook making !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:52 PM   #8
HenryP
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Hello, HenryP, and welcome to MobileRead.

Now I"m curious as to who Rebecca is.

Hope that by sticking around, we can instill a 'lust' for your own dedicated ebook reader!

Hello Desert,
Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I'm inexperienced with the structure of newsgroups and have spent most of my time trying to figure out what's what.
Rebecca answered an email I sent to this newsgroup contact address seeking assistance with how to get off first base. She took my hand, as it were, and pointed me toward the relevant buttons. For example, I had thought a thread referred to a new conversation and so didn't click on the 'new thread' link when trying to post an introduction.
Anyway, now that it's beginning to make sense I'm responding to acknowledge your welcome.
My purpose in joining the group is that I'm an author and want to get my stuff out there to see if I can attract readers; i.e., I'm interested in Calibre type software for compiling e-books.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:00 PM   #9
HenryP
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hi henry and welcome. you've come to the right place : you will soon see that mobileread members LOVE authors, particularly authors who want to publish ebooks. please take a look around and don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have, there are a lot of friendly experts around to give you the answers. since you are just starting out i recommend you take a look at the epub forum ; that is the new industry standard format and you should definitely publish in that. it's a very useful format because it can be read natively on more and more devices and it's also very easy to convert it to other formats if necessary.

happy ebook making !
Howdy Zelda,
I'm reminded of Dobie Gillis (spelling?) in writing the name 'Zelda'. Anyway, I gather from your immediate response that I've much to learn about how the newsgroup website works. I thought I was replying to the person who wrote to me but I gather I've gone live to all and sundry. Anyway, that's okay, but it feels a little like one of those dreams where one walks out - unclothed - in public.
Thanks for your helpful advice and I'll no doubt be in touch again, soon, seeking more of the good oil.
henry
Old 02-17-2009, 05:05 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Howdy Zelda,
I'm reminded of Dobie Gillis (spelling?) in writing the name 'Zelda'. Anyway, I gather from your immediate response that I've much to learn about how the newsgroup website works. I thought I was replying to the person who wrote to me but I gather I've gone live to all and sundry. Anyway, that's okay, but it feels a little like one of those dreams where one walks out - unclothed - in public.
Thanks for your helpful advice and I'll no doubt be in touch again, soon, seeking more of the good oil.
henry
who is dobie gillis ? i don't know that reference.

anyway yes as you've discovered, whatever you write in a thread like this one can be read by everybody who comes along. there are two possibilities if you want to send a message to one specific person : click on their name next to any post, and you can choose from the options "view public profile" and "send private message". on the public profile, you can leave a message which can be read only by members who go to that page. a private message can only be read by the writer and the recipient.

it's a bit confusing at first but you'll soon catch on.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:09 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man...f_Dobie_Gillis

An outstanding comedy sitcom of the era......loved that show........
Old 02-17-2009, 05:11 PM   #12
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Hello Desert,
Rebecca answered an email I sent to this newsgroup contact address seeking assistance with how to get off first base. She took my hand, as it were, and pointed me toward the relevant buttons. For example, I had thought a thread referred to a new conversation and so didn't click on the 'new thread' link when trying to post an introduction.
Anyway, now that it's beginning to make sense I'm responding to acknowledge your welcome.
Well, we're glad to see you.

Let us know what type of books you write, if you have any published, or are looking to get published.

Enjoy the forums.........
Old 02-18-2009, 12:59 AM   #13
toria
toria began at the beginning.

Device: HP jonada
Hello to everyone

Hello to all, I want to introduce myself to the group
I did stop by here last year when I first considered buying a e-reader.

At that time all that came of the idea was some studying the diffrent devices.
Now, as of Feb.11 2009 I have placed my order for the new Kindle 2.0
I really hope I will be happy with that choice.

I'm really intrested to hear if the new owners like theirs or if they don't think the new one is all that much better than the first kindle.

Tonight, I found a reader called a "Filiment". Out of curoisty, has anyone tryed that one? I was suprised they payment plan.

Toria
toria is offline   Reply With Quote