Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-03-2009, 06:41 PM   #1
CribQuilter
Enthusiast
CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
How do I copypaste the library into a document

I desperately want to copy my library into a spreadsheet (I am NOT very computer savvy) I try to c/p but I cannot. Is there a way to do this without having to do a screen shot a million times on the over hundred books I have?
CribQuilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:57 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
In a terminal

calibredb list > output.txt

will give you a file named output.txt with your library

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 03-03-2009 at 07:12 PM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2009, 06:58 PM   #3
CribQuilter
Enthusiast
CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

please forgive my ignorance, but what is a terminal?/
Old 03-03-2009, 07:03 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

look in your start menu for an entry called command prompt that will launch the terminal
Old 03-03-2009, 07:08 PM   #5
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Kovid:
I have tried this and only get: 'calibdb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file. Even when trying from the Calibre directory or from a C: prompt

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2009, 07:12 PM   #6
CribQuilter
Enthusiast

ok I found this prompt that has C:\users\ourname

I typed in what you told me type and it said it was not recognized.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:12 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

oops the command is calibredb
Old 03-03-2009, 07:14 PM   #8
CribQuilter
Enthusiast

ok with new name it does nothing just give me another line to type something in
Old 03-03-2009, 07:27 PM   #9
CribQuilter
Enthusiast

OH THANK YOU SO MUCH I FOUND IT!!!!

I opened a word doc and searched for a TXT file THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
Old 03-03-2009, 07:44 PM   #10
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CribQuilter View Post
ok with new name it does nothing just give me another line to type something in
It works, but produces a file that you will need to find. Here's how I handled it.
from the command prompt, first change the directory to your desktop so that you can find the file afterwards. You do that with this command.
cd desktop

you will see your prompt change to include desktop. Then run calibredb list>output.txt again. You will see nothing happening for a few seconds (as it is producing the file) then you will see another command prompt line, meaning it has completed the task. If you go and look on your desktop, you will find a file called output.txt.

Hope that helps

Cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote