Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-27-2014, 09:58 PM   #61
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Earlier in the day, Amazon offered up to two per customer. In the fine print, they said it could change to one; and it did.
So glad I ordered two right away. My delivery date is 11/26 as well.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:59 PM   #62
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I use this website -- AFTVnews -- to find free Fire TV apps. This blog also has lots of information about anything to do with the Fire TV, including deals, guides, rooting, updates, etc.
And you don't even have a Fire TV stick yet! Excited much?

(Thanks for the link!)
Advert
Old 10-27-2014, 10:03 PM   #63
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
And you don't even have a Fire TV stick yet! Excited much?

(Thanks for the link!)
I've been doing it since the Fire TV was released. I figured one day I might get a Fire TV (or a variation) and if I didn't get these apps when they were free, I'd kick myself later.

A wise monkey plans ahead
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:39 PM   #64
xendula
eBookworm

The Wise Monkey ponders the meaning of life... or just bananas by MonkeyPolice, on Flickr
Old 10-27-2014, 11:47 PM   #65
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
It's bananas; after all, life has no meaning without them

...LOL ...I need a shave
Advert
Old 10-28-2014, 12:04 AM   #66
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
I got it for this --

"Coming soon—take Fire TV Stick with you to use with HDTVs in hotels, college dorms, or anywhere with captive portal Internet access that requires entering a password or a log-in."

I wonder how long I'll have it before I accidentally leave it in a hotel room TV.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 12:26 AM   #67
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I'm not very savvy about this sort of thing. Other than Prime Music, does this do anything I can't do with my Roku 1?
Here's a comparison of the hardware and streaming aspects:
http://www.cnet.com/news/measuring-s...reaming-stick/

The android app side of the FireTV stick is what has a lot of folks intrigued.
(And, for now, the price. )
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 12:26 AM   #68
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
I got it for this --

"Coming soon—take Fire TV Stick with you to use with HDTVs in hotels, college dorms, or anywhere with captive portal Internet access that requires entering a password or a log-in."

I wonder how long I'll have it before I accidentally leave it in a hotel room TV.
I saw that too. Very cool feature to have.

Also, it comes with a HDMI extension, so you can use that and it will at least be down where you can see it.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 12:39 AM   #69
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

So, where's the the Android remote app? These websites keep saying it exists and that the iOS app is coming soon. Yet, it's not in the appstore.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:36 AM   #70
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I'm not very savvy about this sort of thing. Other than Prime Music, does this do anything I can't do with my Roku 1?
Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out why I might need this and if it requires a Netflix/Hulu/Etc subscription on top of Prime and everything else.... ??

my Vizio TV can access Amazon Prime content, Hulu, Netflix etc directly but I only have Prime no Netflix or Hulu subscription...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:51 AM   #71
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out why I might need this and if it requires a Netflix/Hulu/Etc subscription on top of Prime and everything else.... ??

my Vizio TV can access Amazon Prime content, Hulu, Netflix etc directly but I only have Prime no Netflix or Hulu subscription...
Yes, if you want to watch content on Netflix or Hulu Plus, you have to subscribe to them.

In our family, we feel Netflix is an incredible value. I don't think Hulu Plus gets watched all that often, but we have it, too.

Last edited by booklover6; 10-28-2014 at 06:53 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:52 AM   #72
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Yes, if you want to watch content on Netflix or Hulu Plus, you have to subscribe to them.
Thanks. Then I have no use for it.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:01 AM   #73
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Thanks. Then I have no use for it.
No, not if you are not going to watch that type of content. I have 4 munchkins that all love Netflix. Don't watch it much, myself.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:04 AM   #74
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
No, not if you are not going to watch that type of content. I have 4 munchkins that all love Netflix. Don't watch it much, myself.
and as I said, my Vizio TV already has apps for those so.....meh...

Thanks again.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:06 AM   #75
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
and as I said, my Vizio TV already has apps for those so.....meh...

Thanks again.
You don't want to be in the Fire Dongle club?

How's it goin'?