Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-07-2011, 08:37 AM   #1
Arainais
Arainais began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Update from O.8.7 to 0.8.8, library now corrupt?

Last night I updated from 0.8.7 to 0.8.8 and now when I try to open Calibre I get the following message:

Your Calibre database appears to be corrupted. Do you want calibre to try and repair it automatically? If you say No, a new empty calibre library will be created.

and then when I show details I get this

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 215, in initialize_db
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 194, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\schema_upgrades.py", line 24, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\schema_upgrades.py", line 611, in upgrade_version_20
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 308, in run
DatabaseException: duplicate column name: link
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 268, in run
OperationalError: duplicate column name: link

I try to repair the database and it fails to do so. Is there anything I can do to get it to open my calibre library? I have nearly 3000 books in it, and I don't want to have to re-add them all to a new library.
Arainais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=141483
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2011, 09:08 AM   #3
Arainais
Arainais began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Thank you! I ran the debug cmd prompt from the other thread and it fixed my main library.

Only one issue, now Calibre doesn't remember the other libraries I had. When I go to switch library, there are no other libraries listed. How can I get Calibre to find the other libraries?
Arainais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Use switch/create library and enter the path to the library.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:22 AM   #5
redleaf535
redleaf535 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Please Help Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Calibre

Corrupted database

Your calibre database appears to be corrupted. Do you want calibre to try and repair it automatically? If you say No, a new empty calibre library will be created.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 215, in initialize_db
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 214, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 318, in initialize_dynamic
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 308, in run
DatabaseException: database disk image is malformed
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 268, in run
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...79#post1667079
Attached Files
File Type: rar metadata.rar (917.7 KB, 125 views)
redleaf535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2011, 11:20 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Your database corruption has nothing to do with the update. You need to use the restore database feature in calibre. delete the metadata.db file, then start calibre, it will show a blank book list. Click the arrow next to the calibre icon and select Library Maintenenace->Restore Library