Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-12-2012, 09:50 PM   #1
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
It took customer support 22 days...

...to respond to my complaint about a epub I bought from Kobo that had formatting issues. I asked for a credit to my account for the amount of the book and I got it...but over THREE WEEKS to respond after escalating to 2nd tier? Holy BEEP, man!!!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch is now my main eReader.
I think they have some serious issues that need to be addressed if they want to stay in the game.
RolandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #3
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Yikes. I was also warned it could be at LEAST that long to get a refund for the book I paid for TWICE today, due to being told once that the transaction failed, yet an hour later receiving a receipt for both my credit card AND my paypal transaction.

Yes, I thankfully was able to get the book and put it on my reader, thankfully, but I paid double for it, and hope I get the money back. (for the extra transaction).

It makes me cautious to buy more though.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #4
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
Yikes. I was also warned it could be at LEAST that long to get a refund for the book I paid for TWICE today, due to being told once that the transaction failed, yet an hour later receiving a receipt for both my credit card AND my paypal transaction.

Yes, I thankfully was able to get the book and put it on my reader, thankfully, but I paid double for it, and hope I get the money back. (for the extra transaction).

It makes me cautious to buy more though.
I had a similar thing happen last night I got an error 1001 during the checkout process however knowing of other people having issues in the past I didn't try and buy the book again instead I just left it.
Went back in this morning and I have a receipt and have been charged but the book is not in the library sigh so I've emailed support hopefully it won't take toooo long. Interestingly the receipt has the amount I paid on it but the section under title is blank
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:51 PM   #5
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The irony is, this is a book I had on hold at the library (ebook) and my hold was almost ready! I was 3rd in a queue of 35 and my library has 5 e-copies. I bought the book and thus cancelled the hold ...

This was one of the rare times I actually bought a book before reading the entire thing because it was Jann Arden's Memoir and I heard her podcasts on the radio as well as love love love her music.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #6
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
Option 1: Contest the charges with your credit card company; that's possibly faster.

Option 2: Send 'em an email saying you'll just take the second book and resell it to someone else. Since they charged you for two books, they shouldn't mind if you strip the DRM and hand one of them off, right?
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:02 PM   #7
spindlegirl
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
Option 1: Contest the charges with your credit card company; that's possibly faster.

Option 2: Send 'em an email saying you'll just take the second book and resell it to someone else. Since they charged you for two books, they shouldn't mind if you strip the DRM and hand one of them off, right?
Heh, yah. And i totally forgot about option 1.

However, I am hoping for a good experience and hope the staff will act accordingly. I mean, they do still want me as a customer I hope. And I flip out and rave all over the place about good experiences with a business.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #8
alex12ma
alex12ma began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
got receipt without title

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
I had a similar thing happen last night I got an error 1001 during the checkout process however knowing of other people having issues in the past I didn't try and buy the book again instead I just left it.
Went back in this morning and I have a receipt and have been charged but the book is not in the library sigh so I've emailed support hopefully it won't take toooo long. Interestingly the receipt has the amount I paid on it but the section under title is blank
Same thing happened to me.I also received 1001 error.I send a mail to customer care and they responded with this mail

Thank you for contacting Kobo Customer Care. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Please go to your purchased books and bookmark the book there.

To bookmark a book

1. Navigate to www.kobobooks.com

2. Sign into your Kobo Library

3. Go to my library

4. Go to purchased

5. Place a tick in the box to the left of the book you wish to bookmark

6. Select bookmark page 1 of 1

In the purchased section, the book I purchased is not visible,then how can I bookmark it?.I also received a receipt about the money charged for the book but nowhere in the receipt name of the book mentioned.I don't understand how it happened.I send a mail highlighting this,but I haven't received any response from customer support till now.
alex12ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #9
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
for the missing books have you tried

searching for the book in the store
from the result press the little 'i' symbol and select get a preview
if you have purchased the book this sometimes brings it back (sends full book not the preview)
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #10
alex12ma
alex12ma began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
only preview received

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post

if you have purchased the book this sometimes brings it back (sends full book not the preview)
I tried it,but only preview was added to library. I then synced with Kobo PC apps, but only preview appeared there also.
alex12ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #11
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex12ma View Post
Same thing happened to me.I also received 1001 error.

In the purchased section, the book I purchased is not visible,then how can I bookmark it?.I also received a receipt about the money charged for the book but nowhere in the receipt name of the book mentioned.I don't understand how it happened.I send a mail highlighting this,but I haven't received any response from customer support till now.
Like you my book does not appear under the purchased tab, unlike you I have not yet had a reply from support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post

Was worth a try but this also did not work, book now appears under I'm reading but has no download book box next to it and no way to shift it to the purchased tab.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #12
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
I've had the issue a few times of being charged for a book, but never actually being able to download it. I've also had books I've paid for, and been able to download initially, simply disappear from my account.

I've found email support is a good first step, but what really seems to get results is posting here. Squeaky wheel...
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:50 PM   #13
Latch
Porcupine Tree fan
Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
I've had the issue a few times of being charged for a book, but never actually being able to download it.
Funny how it's always that way around. How many times have you bought a book, got the book but the payment never went through? Zero, you say? That's what I thought
Latch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:30 PM   #14
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Egad, I just got one of those 1001 errors - for the first time; and I buy a lot of books from Kobo.

I'll wait to see what happens, I guess...

ETA: Oh, for crying out loud. I just got my receipt. No book title. Jeez. Off to customer service, I guess.

Last edited by beautifulsoup; 02-13-2012 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Um... to do the ETA. :D
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #15
spindlegirl
Wizard

For me, I may have paid twice, but I at least got the book.... I feel sorry for those who paid once, got some silly error and no book to show for it. I'll be watching this thread to see how it get resolved.

I also will read and ask questions at the getsatisfaction site.