Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-23-2014, 08:48 PM   #4126
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Fine, don't do it. Except the little kink of: Don't think about a purple elephant. Even if you don't want to, you will pay attention to it - just to tell me later you did not.

Good thing you are using the actual reading this time and not Listening. The audio version may be good, but might make you miss some snarks.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:02 PM   #4127
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

Well you know black humor. Snarks. However you are calling it. I should have said pretty please.

But, didn't we talk about it? Turns out I am the only one that thought the questions going to be, well important. Or maybe Harry
Spoiler:
cockblocking Grey with his big ass gun

DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2014, 10:35 PM   #4128
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
Well you know black humor. Snarks. However you are calling it. I should have said pretty please.

But, didn't we talk about it? Turns out I am the only one that thought the questions going to be, well important. Or maybe Harry
Spoiler:
cockblocking Grey with his big ass gun

That was one of my favourite scenes of the whole book.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:36 PM   #4129
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
Now I'm going to begin my second re-read of Skin Game.

Front to back, or back to front?
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:56 PM   #4130
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
Front to back, or back to front?
Skin Game spoiler:
Spoiler:
Wonder how the book would read if one certain chapter gets inserted closer to the beginning as alternate version. Except no more wayback machine

Advert
Old 07-24-2014, 12:15 AM   #4131
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Doctor Who - Peter Capaldi

Doctor Who with new actor, Peter Capaldi Season 8 Premiere August 23 at 8/7c on BBC America.

Will Harry Dresden be a guest character?

Last edited by alansplace; 07-24-2014 at 12:49 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:35 AM   #4132
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I am really looking forward to the new series of Doctor Who. I have a feeling that Capaldi will do a good job. I always felt that Smith was too young. Tennant was perfect in my opinion...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:31 AM   #4133
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Good deals, what to read while waiting for Peace Talk's release!

You have to go to Harper and use the promo codes to get the special 1.99 to 2.99 price.

Last edited by alansplace; 07-24-2014 at 11:37 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:16 PM   #4134
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Thanks to everyone for posting your thoughts on Codex Alera. I still have a "short list" of books I want to get to first, but I'm definitely going to give it a go at some point.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:31 PM   #4135
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool SDCC 2014 Confirmed Panel, When Magic & Myth Meet Main Street

Quote:
3–4pm Panel: When Magic & Myth Meet Main Street, Room 25ABC
When stories mix modern cities like Paris, LA, New York with magic, myth and demon spawn they are collectively known as Urban Fantasy, and many of today’s popular authors are adding their otherworldly ingredients to the melting pots of modern (and not-so-modern) society. Join some of today’s top urban fantasy authors, including Greg van Eekhout (California Bones), Jim Butcher, Seanan McGuire and others as they discuss why something old with something new equals gold.
4:30–5:30pm Signing to follow in the autographing area, Table AA09

Last edited by alansplace; 07-24-2014 at 06:28 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:06 PM   #4136
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Call Him Dirty Harry Potter

Quoted from The Daily Beast

Quote:

Call Him Dirty Harry Potter
Wizards, beware! Jim Butcher’s detective Harry Dresden is the new scourge of the underworld, and he’s packing heat. And a serious online following.

Jim Butcher, the author of the newly released Turn Coat, the latest installment in supernatural detective series The Dresden Files, is not like other authors: He’s beaten a Brazilian witchdoctor’s death curse.

[SNIP OF ENTIRE REVIEW - DO NOT REPOST COPYRIGHT MATERIAL]

Last edited by pdurrant; 08-08-2014 at 06:15 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:56 PM   #4137
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Codex Alera

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Thanks to everyone for posting your thoughts on Codex Alera. I still have a "short list" of books I want to get to first, but I'm definitely going to give it a go at some point.
I went back to October of 2011 to find this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Slightly off topic, but with a bunch of those who appear to enjoy the Dresden series
as much as I do, I have to ask if any of you have read the "Codex Alera" series? If so,
did you like them as well?

Luck;
Ken

P.S.; I thought the Codex Alera series was a great fantasy series, myself.
(I like the parts that mimic the Roman Military atmosphere.)
Quote:
read all six straight through and as i don't really do straight fantasy as a rule this is unusual for me. loved every one of the six!
Hmmm...sounds like I liked them! When I tried that with A Song of Ice and Fire I only got about 50 pages into A Game of Thrones before throwing in the towel. I also netflixed the DVD's for the 1st season of the HBO series and didn't finish watching the season.

Last edited by alansplace; 07-24-2014 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:03 AM   #4138
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Karrin Murphy, testing her new "helping Harry" suit!

Karrin Murphy, tiny but fierce!

Old 07-26-2014, 01:12 PM   #4139
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:

Karrin Murphy, tiny but fierce!

All those movie pictures in this thread is purely imaginary? I mean, there is no actual movie planned?
Old 07-26-2014, 01:25 PM   #4140
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool no actual movie

Quote:
All those movie pictures in this thread is purely imaginary? I mean, there is no actual movie planned?
Just the fan films.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy