Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-21-2010, 10:17 PM   #31
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
My Kindles with Calibre are great! With my K3 I send my feeds directly to it and with wifi the transfers are free! Amazon's CS is the best. The Sony products are very nice, too but I still prefer my Kindles. With the Kindle reading app I can seamlessly read the same book at home on the K3 and away from home on my Droid with the Kindle's syncing ability.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:46 AM   #32
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Not even if I fold it.
You should get a better purse

I wonder, those that are most satisfied, is there absolutely nothing lacking in your readers? I find that highly unlikely...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:04 AM   #33
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
You should get a better purse

I wonder, those that are most satisfied, is there absolutely nothing lacking in your readers? I find that highly unlikely...
And I suppose you will carry it for me. I'm too old to carry any more than the four pounder I lug around now. As it is, I have to register it as a lethal weapon.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:09 AM   #34
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
And I suppose you will carry it for me. I'm too old to carry any more than the four pounder I lug around now. As it is, I have to register it as a lethal weapon.
Talk to Roger Wilco, he always managed to fit everything, from ladders to TV's in his backpocket
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:51 AM   #35
Richey79
mrkrgnao
Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS650, K3 Wireless, Galaxy S3, iPad 3.
I'd be happy with pretty much any of the current crop (any that you've heard of that have updated their models in the last 8 months) of eink readers. I don't even think I'd need a screen as big as 6 inches or Pearl to be satisfied. They've all got decent amounts of storage capacity, and touch screen is fun, but not a necessity.

For the future, I find the high-quality, high-resolution back lit screens much better on my eyes than I thought I would. I can see a small tablet (just about the size Jobs was denigrating) in my future, probably in a couple of years when battery tech, solid-state memory and screen-tech aren't making such quick leaps forward.

I do wonder if eink will continue to improve in any significant ways over the next few years... .
Richey79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 06:36 AM   #36
Nahgem
Groupie
Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks
Am I satisfied? Upwards of 90% yes. My Nook does at least 50% more than I was looking for in an eReader when I initially bought it, so I definitely can't complain there. The new update is taking care of the initial complaints I had about lack of organization so the only thing I'm lacking is a larger screen for comics and graphic novels. However, Calibre does a good enough job that I can get by, and I read way more novels than comics anyway. However, the moment a color eInk screen exists (and is affordable), I'll find myself very unsatisfied until I have it.
Nahgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:51 AM   #37
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richey79 View Post
I do wonder if eink will continue to improve in any significant ways over the next few years... .
Within 10 years, e-ink monitors with sidewise lighting and refresh rates same around or even more than () today's LCDs with 16.7 million colors will be occupying our homes. For what? Saving power in daytimes, Reducing eye strains, natural work environment etc. Think of monitor / tablet with touch screen and you are closer to your reality.
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:15 PM   #38
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I see my jetBook Lite with v16e firmware to be lacking in a few areas, but for the price I don't think that it can be beat.

I would like to see:

1) greater ability to adjust the size of the fonts, particularly in pdf.
2) ability to move back and forth from text to footnotes, or from TOC to chapters.
3) highlighting.
4) better English dictionary.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:09 AM   #39
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
MOST satisfied? No Reasonably satisfied? Yes.

I like my Sony PRS350 pretty well. Is it perfect? No. Sometimes it can't recognise my page turn finger strokes and I am forced to use the buttons (that is SO 2009!).

It could be narrower and keep the same screen size and I would be more satisfied.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:58 PM   #40
markuskane
Markus Kane
markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!markuskane is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcas View Post
The K3 is my very first eReader , but i couldn't imagine anything that would please me more, i am very happy with it.

I am a migraine sufferer and it is hard for me to get an electronic device that doesn't have glare, or give me eye strain etc, but so far the kindle has passed all these tests for me, i love it that i can read as long as i want on the kindle without any migraines, i couldn't do that with paper books.
I feel the same way. Though I don't have migraines, I spend most of my day looking at glowing pieces of glass. It is incredibly nice to be able to read on something so small and compact and not have to worry about eye strain.

And my K3 is my first eReader as well. I'm also the first amongst my friends and family to have one, though I know for certain that will change come the holidays.
markuskane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:32 PM   #41
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
I like my Sony PRS350 pretty well. Is it perfect? No. Sometimes it can't recognise my page turn finger strokes and I am forced to use the buttons (that is SO 2009!).
Once in a great while my finger-swiping fails on my 650 as well. I think it's when I'm being too cautious (wimpy) about it, or swiping too vertically, confusing the device as to what exactly I mean to do?
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote