Old 11-20-2010, 06:21 PM   #1
Achiever
Getting Experience
Achiever began at the beginning.

Device: K3
Arrow Modifications (Hacks, Custom Firmware, Software etc.) Link-Collection

Hi

Iam about to get the new Sony PRS-650.

And I want allready know what enchancements are allready possible for it.

I saw some great firmwares and goodies for the sony prs 505, but I wonder what I could add to the PRS-650?
Something semilar like this or this would be really great.

I would like to collect links and put them into a nice "Show all modifications for Sony PRS-650" Thread, so post all the possible mods/firmwares for the PRS-650 here with a link, so I can add them here into a overview.

Have a nice day!

Last edited by Achiever; 11-20-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Achiever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:42 AM   #2
Achiever
Getting Experience
Achiever began at the beginning.

Device: K3
Arrow Link Collection

The Link-Collection for Sony PRS-650 will be here.

So as the the Development is going on, I will update this List Day if there is something new to add.

Sony PRS-650 Enchantements:

Flashing the Firmware

Problemsolving and Tips:

Access to the Dictionary files

updates to come, if there is something new for the sony PRS-650, post it here or send it to me via pm and I will add it here.

Last edited by Achiever; 11-21-2010 at 05:50 AM.
Achiever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 10:53 AM   #3
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiever View Post
The Link-Collection for Sony PRS-650 will be here.

So as the the Development is going on, I will update this List Day if there is something new to add.

Sony PRS-650 Enchantements:

Flashing the Firmware

Problemsolving and Tips:

Access to the Dictionary files

updates to come, if there is something new for the sony PRS-650, post it here or send it to me via pm and I will add it here.
Just a suggestion...

Instead of putting links/info in the second post (or subsequent), you should keep them in the first post. Just click the "edit" button, and add to the first post as time goes on. This also gives you (and us) a timestamp for every modification.

This is how I've seen it done in most forums, and I actually almost stopped reading this thread when I saw your first post just asking about modifications. I expected them to be listed there.

Thanks for deciding to do this!

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:34 AM   #4
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Donations for PRS-650 device, for 350/650/950 port of PRS+ now open.
http://code.google.com/p/prs-plus/
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:39 PM   #5
Tieton
Tieton began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
My understanding is that the 650 and 950 have the same core technology. Obviously, there are some differences in software--and hardware.
My question: Will 650 tweaks work on the 950, e.g. font tweaks? If not, is there a source for 950 hacks/mods/tweaks?
thanks.
Tieton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2010, 03:26 PM   #6
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Tieton
What "font tweak" do you have in mind?
Old 11-26-2010, 09:05 PM   #7
Tieton
Tieton began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
I see other readers allow for one to add fonts. I'd like to do that too.
Tieton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 03:28 AM   #8
kartu
PRS+ author

Font replacement works the same way on x50 as well as on older x00 readers.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:07 AM   #9
zcqsimon
zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zcqsimon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
good news to hear the prs+ project
zcqsimon is offline   Reply With Quote