Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-02-2010, 08:10 AM   #1
ralphffm44
Zealot
ralphffm44 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ralphffm44 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ralphffm44 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ralphffm44 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K4NT
Feature Request at the import-function

Hi,

i am using the regular expressions to import books.

Unfortunatedly there is only one line where I can write my expression.
Question: is it possible to save some expressions? A kind of history would help.

Next Question:
There is a line where I can enter the filename to test my expression - would be nice I could enter a directory there the first file would be analysed.

aaand - a testrun would be nice, too - all books in the directory are analysed and i could see the result in a "textfile" in form of a table.

Hope this is the right thread...

Greatings from Hessen
Ralph
ralphffm44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:25 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphffm44 View Post
is it possible to save some expressions? A kind of history would help.
No. Add it as a feature request to the bug tracker if you want it (but search first, this may already be on the list) I've thought about adding this feature, as I agree it would be nice. I copy and paste them in and out of my notes file for Calibre. You can add a notes file as a txt format document inside Calibre to make it quickly accessible.

Quote:
There is a line where I can enter the filename to test my expression - would be nice I could enter a directory there the first file would be analysed.
Feature request=> bug tracker

This is where you can find out if such a feature already exists, whether others might want it, whether it's been requested before, or even how to do it yourself. But to get it on the todo list it should go to the bug tracker.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2010, 09:26 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC there's already a request for this feature
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:05 PM   #4
ralphffm44
Zealot
ralphffm44 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ralphffm44 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ralphffm44 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ralphffm44 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K4NT
Hi,

sorry - i didn't think to look into the bug tracking for feature requests.

Found there my requests - so thank you for the time you spent with reading this thread.

Greatings from Hessen
Ralph
ralphffm44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphffm44 View Post
sorry - i didn't think to look into the bug tracking for feature requests.
That's OK. It helps to know that people are interested in certain features. It's important to get them into the bug list, as then they aren't lost, but I read here a lot more often than in the bug list. Your post may cause someone to pick up this task for implementation a bit faster.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, import, regular expression