Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-30-2008, 03:08 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Netronix has discontinued the EB-100, EB-200, EB-300!

Gotcha!

What really happened is the models have been renamed. The 6" devices are all 6xx, and the 9.7" device is model EB-900.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to mess with everyone.

Quote:
EB-600 - 6" Electronic Book
  • Linux 2.6 OS
  • Power saving; a single charge is sustainable for 8000 pages
  • A palm portable library
  • Thin and light, require less space

EB-610 - 6" Electronic Book
  • WinCE 5.0 OS
  • Natural and anti-glare

EB-611 - 6" Wireless Electronic Book
  • WinCE 5.0 OS
  • 802.11b/g WiFi
  • Natural and anti-glare
  • Easy to turn page and increasing font size

EB-900 - 9.7" Electronic Book
  • Power saving; a single charge is sustainable for 5000 pages
  • A palm portable library
  • Natural and anti-glare
  • Easy to turn page and increasing font size
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:55 PM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Gotcha!

What really happened is the models have been renamed. The 6" devices are all 6xx, and the 9.7" device is model EB-900.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to mess with everyone.
Yeah... I *believe* I've pointed out the name changes elsewhere in MR... So you're a dollar short and a day late!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2008, 04:11 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you pointed it out somewhere, then I must have missed it.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:25 PM   #4
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Thanks for being on top of the news Derek, and kudos for finding it fast!

As editors, we'll never be able to catch everything good in the MobileRead forums because there's just way too much good stuff popping up all the time. So don't be surprised if we duplicate stuff you come up with at times. But we do depend on people like you because, well, you guys are usually collectively faster than we could ever be, and often are a lot sharper than us to notice why news is significant and interesting! And as you can see over the years, we do spot a lot of that great news popping up in the forums first. Even other great sites find some great news from our forums. We've got a quality of community involvement that we are really proud of. You guys are the best!!!!

Btw, if you do have a gold nugget of news that hasn't appeared on the front page, don't be shy about using the Contact Us link on the bottom of the front page to submit a news item. No promises... sometimes it maybe seem odd what does or doesn't get chosen, so consider it a little like the lottery! But we do like to refer to or bump to the front page if we find nicely written news posted in the forums. Everyone is encouraged to give it a go if you find a great bit of news for us. You won't get as rich as if you win the lottery, but you've gotta admit that it feels good to have something of yours so glamorously posted on the front page for all the world to see! And if it's especially interesting, you might even have the fun of finding it spreading across other tech sites as well.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:30 PM   #5
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
I don't care what you call it, when can you buy it....(the Win CE versions, that is.)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2008, 04:39 PM   #6
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
I don't care what you call it, when can you buy it....(the Win CE versions, that is.)
I tend to agree with you...

Derek
Old 06-30-2008, 04:47 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
If you pointed it out somewhere, then I must have missed it.
Actually I changed the wiki several weeks ago with the new names. I just didn't know we needed a forum discussion at the time.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:11 PM   #8
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Actually I changed the wiki several weeks ago with the new names. I just didn't know we needed a forum discussion at the time.

Dale
Well color me oblivious. I hadn't noticed.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:26 PM   #9
Oh, Why Not?
Groupie
Oh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Galaxy Note 2; KindleFireHDX
What does "A palm portable library" mean?
Oh, Why Not? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:58 PM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh, Why Not? View Post
Have no idea. It is probably lost in the translation from Chinese. I think they may be trying to say you can have a portable library in the palm of your hand although all of the devices are too big to actually fit in your palm.

Dale
Old 06-30-2008, 07:02 PM   #11
Oh, Why Not?
Groupie
Oh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Galaxy Note 2; KindleFireHDX
Thank you. Along the lines of what I assumed. But not clear. I keep hoping for a Palm OS eBook reader of respectable size. I'm doomed to be disappointed I'm sure.
Oh, Why Not? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:05 PM   #12
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thank you. Along the lines of what I assumed. But not clear. I keep hoping for a Palm OS eBook reader of respectable size. I'm doomed to be disappointed I'm sure.
Well, not using the Palm OS, but the Astak Mentor will support eReader and PalmDOC formats, the premier Palm eBook reader formats.

Dale
Old 06-30-2008, 08:52 PM   #13
lee1234
Enthusiast
lee1234 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony Reader, Nokia E61
When is the release date?
lee1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:33 PM   #14
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1234 View Post
When is the release date?
I am not sure but the target for the 5" model is end of July. Originally the 6" was similar but I think it, at least, has been pushed out a month or two. The 9.7" model is due in October or November.

Dale
Old 06-30-2008, 09:39 PM   #15
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
It means you can *drink* it right out of the palm of your hand - without having to worry about germs and stuff!

Derek