Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-25-2008, 10:07 AM   #1
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
At Last ! I got the Tri-Fold Cover

Okay, I know a lot of you have been wondering about the Tri-fold cover sold on the Sony Style UK web site.....

well, I have a bad habit of collecting things, so having bought the lighted cover, pink leather cover there was only this one left for me to try out
So I ordered it 2 days ago and went with standard postage and got it today!! really fast.

I can't remember anyone else mentioning buying one here so thought you may want to know what I thought....

In a word (or three) I LOVE IT !!!!!!

It is not leather, but we knew that anyway. It is made from similar material to the standard cover, but not as flimsy. It is actually slightly padded, giving a really lovely feel to it. It is black on the outside and a striking orange on the inside.

It has a magnet closure on the front flap overlap, so the cover locks to itself rather than the reader, though there is a slight magnetic pull on the first half against the front of the reader.

It fixes like the rest, with a black plastic strip on the left hand side.

To use the reader you can hold both sides back as you would the left side on the usual covers or you can flip the right side under the reader leaving only the smaller lighter left side to hols (my preference)

Once closed it feels very protective. Like the rest it is not rigid, there is some give, but due to the overlap in the centre front, it does feel more substantial that the rest. As both side edges of the reader are now enclosed it does feel really safe and snug, the bottom edges are open but the reader is not at the very edge (there is about a 3-4mm overhang on the cover), so if it were to drop I think the reader would be safer than with the rest of the covers....

All in all I am very very pleased with this one. in fact I think it will be my main cover from now on, it is so comfortable due to the light padding, and feels so secure. I can highly recommend this one.

I have taken some pics, let's hope I can upload them okay.....I tried to take decent sized pics for you......

COVER CLOSED

READING POSITION WITH RIGHT SIDE TUCKED UNDER READER

Last edited by babyd; 09-25-2008 at 10:48 AM.
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:21 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
that looks like a nice cover !! i love that orange interieur. how much was the price (i know, i could go check, but i'm feeling lazy right now...) ?

thanks for the photos and description !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2008, 10:24 AM   #3
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

It is lovely isn't it, definitely my favourite cover now. Feels so much snugger and more protected in this one.

The Sony Style site has it for £18.......postage on the site is about £4.50 I think
BUT I rang them up and ordered over the phone and he never charged me for post so I got it £18 all in. I think it's great for the price. I wasn't at all sure before I got it, but now I have felt it I am more than happy with the price.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:25 AM   #4
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Appreciate you being the test subject for the new cover. The cover does look very nice (except the orange interior) and would seem to hold the reader very securely.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:30 AM   #5
babyd
Addict

I guess the colourway is a personal thing LOL Though the orange may not be as bright as it looks in the photos, I was using flash so it did brighten it a lot. It is orange but more of an intense tan orange rather than a dayglo orange as it may appear on the photo. Tt is striking rather than bright. Looks very smart.

Last edited by babyd; 09-25-2008 at 10:47 AM.
Advert
Old 09-29-2008, 09:33 AM   #6
halljames
Zealot
halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Apple iPad
Well, Just ordered one for myself based on your review and pictures.

It looks very nice.

Cool
halljames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:42 AM   #7
babyd
Addict

Oh crikey, no pressure then LOL

Hope you like it when it arrives. It definitely does feel more secure in this case, I am using it exclusively now.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:27 AM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Very, nice ... well, except for the color -- never been all that fond of orange.

Now Maroon I'd be all over. Perhaps they'll add some more colors going forward. Of course I'd also have to upgrade from my venerable 500.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 06:02 AM   #9
halljames
Zealot
halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Apple iPad
Well my tri fold cover arrived last night, and I have to say, I love it.

Its very comfortable to hold, feels nice in the hand, and it feels like it offers a lot of protection for it.

My favorite position is also the READING POSITION WITH RIGHT SIDE TUCKED UNDER READER. Feels very natural.

Chuffed I am.
halljames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 06:17 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Why is it called a "tri-fold" cover when it appears to only have two folds in it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 06:34 AM   #11
babyd
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by halljames View Post
Well my tri fold cover arrived last night, and I have to say, I love it.

Its very comfortable to hold, feels nice in the hand, and it feels like it offers a lot of protection for it.

My favourite position is also the READING POSITION WITH RIGHT SIDE TUCKED UNDER READER. Feels very natural.

Chuffed I am.
Glad you love it as much as I do. It is amazing how snug and safe it feels isn't it?

Harry, I think it's because the standard covers have one fold on the left edge so two sections, front and back. Whereas this has two folds and three sections, 1 back and 2 front....... but your right, there are only two folds.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:22 AM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Why is it called a "tri-fold" cover when it appears to only have two folds in it?
Because the folds divide the cover into three flaps. Hence tri-fold.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:28 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I agree that it's in three parts but there are, nonetheless, only two folds .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:32 AM   #14
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I agree that it's in three parts but there are, nonetheless, only two folds .
Yes, but I guess English is not such a precise language. I think this may come from marketing which people create a "tri-fold" brochure which really also has two folds. But, you know marketing people always make something sound like more than it is.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:29 AM   #15
Pendergast
Pendergast began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs505
Does the cover have magnets like the original one?
I've changed one credit card and I don't want any magnet in my bag.

cheers
Pendergast
Pendergast is offline   Reply With Quote