Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-31-2012, 08:58 PM   #34771
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Hmmmm .... pulling out the Butterfinger Minis first (for my secret stash), mailing half to dreams, and leaving the other half on the steps for Xena when she gets here .....

A win - win - win solution!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:48 PM   #34772
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
YUM, I can't wait.

Butterfinger minis? I will have to look for those at the store.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:33 AM   #34773
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
We had about 10 or so groups of Trick or Treaters last night, which isn't bad for us, as we are at the end of a cul-de-sac (dead-end). I think the carved pumpkins helped draw them in - this Halloween it was a Hunger Games and Cheshire Cat effect . Right now I'm looking at the remains of the treats bowl and wondering how many calories...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:49 AM   #34774
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Haaave a..... nother NutterbutterPeanutButterSansdwichCooooookieeee....

Happy Halloween, one and all!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:20 AM   #34775
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hoping that it which matters the most to me, turns out the right way with a happy ending.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:43 AM   #34776
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
We have all of the events but the kids also trick or treat in the neighborhood. We are within walking distance of the elementary school so there are a good number of kids in the neighborhood. I like that they trick or treat in the neighborhood. It is fun to see the kids and the costumes. We went through about three bags of candy. The best part is that we tell kids that they can take two or three pieces but most only take one because "that is all we need". Then we had the Power Ranger who came back at least twice for the Dots.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #34777
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Know what's really fun? Halloween night visits from every kid in the known universe with over 100 pounds of dogs in the house.

Actually, Crystal was pretty good. Of course, she wanted to rush to the door to greet every kid that showed up, while Norton went into "Intruder Alert" mode each time the doorbell rang and began barking his head off. On a few occasions she turned and barked back at Norton as if to tell him, "Calm down, fool. It's just kids."

I wonder what they thought of the costumes?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:25 AM   #34778
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Haha, sounds like fun. We had a group of about 15 Kinds rush the pharmacy, demanding sweets (German pharmacies are famous among the kids for always having a candy or two in store to give away). Anyway, it was really funny watching Darth Vader fighting the Iron man to be the first in line, while a wood Witch just sidestepped them and got to me first, thus winning the biggest pile of sweets. I imagine that 10-15 years from now it will still work the same way

On more personal note, I'm sitting at home, nursing my cold with hot tea and browsing through MR.
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #34779
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi LCF. I hope you feel better soon.

I have to go into work this afternoon, so I'm curled up with a blanket and enjoying the quiet right now.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #34780
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
It was one of those days that I had to take so much BS from customers that I was fed up with it and kinda freaked out.

Tonight someone was sheltering from the rain in the doorway of our store, normally no problem but he didn't want to let customers in or out. When I asked him, friendly, to let customer go by he called me several very nasty names. After that I got the water/fire hose and let's just say he did get very wet....

My father and a regular customer couldn't stop laughing for quite a while.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:19 PM   #34781
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
It was one of those days that I had to take so much BS from customers that I was fed up with it and kinda freaked out.

Tonight someone was sheltering from the rain in the doorway of our store, normally no problem but he didn't want to let customers in or out. When I asked him, friendly, to let customer go by he called me several very nasty names. After that I got the water/fire hose and let's just say he did get very wet....

My father and a regular customer couldn't stop laughing for quite a while.
Bravo, bravo!!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:22 AM   #34782
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Quote:
After that I got the water/fire hose and let's just say he did get very wet....
I would have liked to have seen that. Good job, Rumpelteazer.

Curled up with my blanket and a cup of coffee watching CNN report on the East Coast.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:25 AM   #34783
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Hanging my riding suit up to dry. I stay quite dry even when riding in heavy rains such as I had today, but my riding suit really takes a bath! The tissues in my pockets aren't even damp, but there are big puddles on the floor under the jacket and pants. God bless Gore-Tex!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #34784
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Pffff.

My parents left for their weekend away around 1pm it became very busy in the store. I did manage to check, tag and put away most of the shipment that came in today, this size would normally take me about an hour but it took nearly six hours today between customers. I'm glad R. is coming to help tomorrow!

Now it's time to relax, order some food from the new Greek take-away and afterwards take a nice hot shower.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #34785
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Pffff.

My parents left for their weekend away around 1pm it became very busy in the store. I did manage to check, tag and put away most of the shipment that came in today, this size would normally take me about an hour but it took nearly six hours today between customers. I'm glad R. is coming to help tomorrow!

Now it's time to relax, order some food from the new Greek take-away and afterwards take a nice hot shower.
If things get too hectic, you can always go outside and hose down some pedestrians!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?