Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 11-04-2014, 01:56 AM   #16
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTC View Post
It works as far as I can tell! Thanks!

Well, with one caveat. | doesn't seem to work as a separater. But I changed it to @, and it works exactly like I assume it should work.

Now I will start making the tag trees I want.
Good to hear that the fix seems to work.

I will check out the use of | as a separator as I cannot think off-hand why it will not work as the calibre2opds code should in theory be agnostic as to the separator character used. However there may be complications with certain characters that I am not aware of. I guess one possibility is that character may mean something at the Calibre level (like , has special meaning as a separator between tags). Definitely worth checking out as the use of | as a separator seems quite logical so thanks for pointing this out.

Just a thought, another character that seems might be a good one From a visual perspective is the full stop/period character. Note that during testing I found the Calibre ability to rename tags in the tag window to be very useful as it avoids having to visit each book with a given tag.

Last edited by itimpi; 11-04-2014 at 02:01 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:58 AM   #17
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTC View Post
Well, with one caveat. | doesn't seem to work as a separater. But I changed it to @, and it works exactly like I assume it should work.
I checked the use of | out, and it turned out to be a bug where if the chosen character had a special meaning in 'regex' expression syntax it was giving unexpected results.

Rev 315 is now available for download that corrects this so you could use then use the | character if you wanted to.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre2opds, tags