Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-29-2013, 12:29 PM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
bookmarks on the Paperwhite

I'm trying to teach a friebnd how to use his Paperwhite, and he's asked me a question I can't figure out.

I know how to place a bookmark. I know that the bookmarks are listed in the My Clippings file. But if I'm in a book, how do I list the bookmarks in that book and go to a selected bookmark? They're not listed on the Go To page.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Menu => View Notes & Marks. The results will display location, page number and "Your Bookmark" with the same dog-eared corner on the right. It might be helpful to your friend to recommend viewing the User Guide as well . :-)

Last edited by Skydog; 03-29-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2013, 12:38 PM   #3
kindleuzer
Enthusiast
kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: PW, K3 Kbd
Go into the menu, and they're listed under "View Notes and Marks." :-)
kindleuzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #4
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Silly me, I kept looking at Go To, not Menu. thanks.

My friend is a 93yo man who was best friends with my father. He's got an iPad and an iPad Mini, and is just now trying to move into the Kindle world. (we had a long discussion today about why pdfs and kindles don't normally get along). Right now he's still confused about all the varieties of mobi files (azw, azw3, topaz) that all go the saee basic place and all the varieties of epub with different drms so that even though they have the same extention, you can't use them all in the same ereader apps.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote