Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-22-2011, 10:40 PM   #1
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
Thumbs up Science Fiction Awards Spreadsheet

Duplicate - please delete

Last edited by ectoplasm; 08-22-2011 at 10:57 PM.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:02 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Note that I excluded fantasy, as I think that should be a different list.
What are you using for your exclusion criteria? The line between SF & F gets pretty blurred at times.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2011, 11:53 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
See this topic here.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:14 AM   #4
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
What are you using for your exclusion criteria? The line between SF & F gets pretty blurred at times.
You're right, and I wouldn't attempt to make the distinction. I excluded fantasy if the award itself made a distinction. I think only the Locus Award provides a separate list for fantasy, so in that case, I selected only Sci-Fi. The other awards (Hugo, Nebula, etc. ) are not affected.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:27 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ectoplasm View Post
You're right, and I wouldn't attempt to make the distinction. I excluded fantasy if the award itself made a distinction. I think only the Locus Award provides a separate list for fantasy, so in that case, I selected only Sci-Fi. The other awards (Hugo, Nebula, etc. ) are not affected.
That makes sense, I guess.

But then again, since your spreadsheet has a lot of fantasy in it already (because of the Hugo and Nebula nominees), why leave out the tiny portion that the Locus award breaks out (and in fact may already be in the database because of the other awards)?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2011, 10:03 AM   #6
ectoplasm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
That makes sense, I guess.

But then again, since your spreadsheet has a lot of fantasy in it already (because of the Hugo and Nebula nominees), why leave out the tiny portion that the Locus award breaks out (and in fact may already be in the database because of the other awards)?
You're making too much sense here When compiling the list, I thought there would be more separation. But as you pointed out, it's not that black and white.

I think I'll add the Locus fantasy back in. The Arthur C. Clarke nominees also need to be added. I'm going to remove the "excluded fantasy" blurb. Unfortunately, I can't change the thread title, so it must remain "Science Fiction Awards Spreadsheet".
Old 08-24-2011, 08:16 PM   #7
ectoplasm
Addict

Since a mod hasn't deleted this dupe, I'll post the updated link to the list here also:
http://scifiawards.herobo.com/

I think the new format is significantly more readable. Additional updates are coming. See the master thread here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1712605

Last edited by ectoplasm; 08-25-2011 at 06:25 PM.