Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 10-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #46
ilovegadgets
Connoisseur
ilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindles, iPad,Note 8, Note 3, iPhone 5,Sony 350& T1, Entourage PE & EE
I second Tekknogenius' request and would also like to see a picture of this case with the Pocket Edge inserted, please.
ilovegadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #47
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
I may order the 7" one from here. It's the same price. But I don't think it will fit without some modifications.
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2011, 06:04 PM   #48
birdheh
birdheh began at the beginning.

Device: pocket entourage
I have never skinned a device before but I got the DecalGirl skin. I was very worried about applying it but did so without a problem. I got the purple strike(?) normal glossy. It is dark enough that fingerprints do not show. I would strongly recommend them.
birdheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:36 PM   #49
Tissues
Tissues began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge PE
OK, here's a couple of photos (attached).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	77741  
Tissues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:25 PM   #50
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Nice setup. I ordered one of the 7" ones from amazon for $13. I prefer a smaller carrying setup, but looking at your setup makes me think that the 10" will be more functional than the 7" one. I'm sure I'll have to make a few mods to get the 7" one to be able to hold the PE in place. With what you have there it looks like you can quite easily pop in/out the PE for easy access. Nice.
Advert
Old 10-14-2011, 01:05 PM   #51
Tissues
Tissues began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge PE
I was mainly looking for a cheap USB keyboard. When I want to make notes that I can use later in Word or something, I find I can type on a keyboard a lot faster using the android keyboard (or slide type keyboard or handwriting recognition).

The PE slides in from the top of the folder and there are metal spring clips at the side and the bottom to hold it in place. The USB cable supplied with the folder is too short for the PE but I had a USB extension cable lying around I could use.

On the back of the folder there is a prop (like on a picture frame) to hold the PE up while typing (you can see it in the side view picture). It comes with a cheap stylus but I didn’t use it (and it would not work on the reader side anyway).

Folder looks pretty cheaply made so I don’t know how long it will last.
Tissues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:37 PM   #52
tekknogenius
Groupie

Its a nice setup nonetheless. Metal spring clips hold it fairly snuggly I'd guess. I'm thinking of getting this for the PE I'm giving to someone so that they have the option of using a keyboard if the need arises. I'm figuring that most of the time they would not be using the keyboard anyway, but it will be good to have it just in case. I wonder if they come in different colors since the PE is red... hmmmm.

again
Old 10-15-2011, 02:23 PM   #53
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
Do these skins really protect the PE from anything more than fingerprints? I'm interested in something that will protect it from my cluminess. Like a fall from a table or from slippery fingers.
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:29 PM   #54
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tissues View Post
OK, here's a couple of photos.
Thanks!
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:06 AM   #55
tekknogenius
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekknogenius View Post
I may order the 7" one from here. It's the same price. But I don't think it will fit without some modifications.
I got it today, but as I figured it will not fit I can squeeze it in there but the case will not close because the PE closed is too thick for it. The keyboard itself is the chicklet style and is small, but one can possibly touch type if the hands are small enough. I would think the 10" one would have a larger keyboard and thus be more usable for touch typing. The USB cord is long enough and the keyboard works fine. I cannot at the moment see how I'd be able to mod the 7" case to make it work without taking it apart LOL.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #56
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrye View Post
Do these skins really protect the PE from anything more than fingerprints? I'm interested in something that will protect it from my cluminess. Like a fall from a table or from slippery fingers.
The skins only protect from scratches and fingerprints. There are cases that protect (somewhat) from falls, and I bought one for my EE, but I never want to use it -- except when travelling.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:19 PM   #57
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tissues View Post
I bought the following cover from Amazon ($16.99 plus shipping). It has a built in Keyboard and a USB cable (but you need to buy an USB extension cable to reach the top of the Edge PE).

An open PE fits neatly & securely in the top of the folder.

The keyboard works fine (it even has lights for Num Lock & Caps Lock). I still haven’t figured out all the key combinations but F4 rotates the screen.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004JQN670
Thanks, Tissues! After seeing your pictures I am tempted to buy this. Wondering if it might work with the EE also. Has anyone tried??

Tekkno, do you agree with Tissues about the cheap manufacturing?

Last edited by Filark; 10-19-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #58
tekknogenius
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Thanks, Tissues! After seeing your pictures I am tempted to buy this. Wondering if it might work with the EE also. Has anyone tried??

Tekkno, do you agree with Tissues about the cheap manufacturing?
It is cheap, but that's what I expected. The one I got is vinyl. It is pretty ingenious though, the spring clip is a good idea, the keyboard is usable. It will last (assuming you take care of it). All in all it is not a bad deal. It does not feel as though it will fall apart from day to day use.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:41 PM   #59
Filark

Thanks, Tekkno. Sounds good enough for me!

Meanwhile, if anyone is looking for a solid stand that won't scratch their EE or PE, I like this one: http://www.cyberguys.com/product-det...roductid=48238. Simple, inexpensive. Here's a pic:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	p48238a.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	77985  
Old 10-19-2011, 07:22 PM   #60
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Thanks, Tissues! After seeing your pictures I am tempted to buy this. Wondering if it might work with the EE also. Has anyone tried?? Tekkno, do you agree with Tissues about the cheap manufacturing?
I have one of the keyboards and it does work with the EE as easily as the PE. With the EE

folded back against itself, it will not fit into the clips.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote