Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-17-2012, 05:19 PM   #616
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
I feel left out now I need to catch up.
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abtacha View Post
Think positive; you won't have to wait as long for the next book.
Good point!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #617
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
just finished Fool Moon, enjoyed it but not as much as the first book

find something different to read now then onto book 3 after that
paulsalter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #618
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I finished Grave Peril -- can't believe how much happens in this one! It really does set up complications and characters that will recur throughout the series (so far, anyway! ). But that seems to be the theme of my rereading: So much happens in each book -- vivid scenes and plots that could carry a whole novel (I exaggerate, perhaps ) back to back to back -- all distinctive (characters too), and with very little let-up. Whew!

Have to take a break. Going into a very different world for a bit (Georgette Heyer's Regency England ). After that I'll pick up Summer Knight and see just where the consequences of Harry's many actions lead.

Such fun!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:29 PM   #619
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool The other wizard named Harry

Well I just finished my current re-read of the 7 Harry Potter books. I really enjoyed them all (again) and am probably going to begin a re-read of the 3 James Potter novels (by G. Norman Lippert) while I'm in this Potterverse mindset.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #620
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Blood Rites (Book #6)

I am finally reading again!

I started over and have just finished chapter 18. It looks like the monkey poo is about to hit the proverbial fan.

Oh! ...
Spoiler:
Does Dresden get to keep the puppy???

Please let the answer be yes!

Last edited by Nyssa; 02-19-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #621
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool The Dresden Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post

I started over and have just finished chapter 18. It looks like the monkey poo is about to hit the proverbial fan.

Oh! ...
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
YES!!! Mouse is an important character from now on, and my favorite!
Old 02-22-2012, 12:19 AM   #622
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Dresden Files Wiki

Quote:

Big Apocalyptic Trilogy

The Big Apocalyptic Trilogy is the name given for the intended last books of the The Dresden Files series.
Description Edit

According to Jim Butcher he intends to capstone the Dresden Files with a "Big Apocalyptic Trilogy" because "who doesn't like Apocalyptic Trilogies?"

He originally intended for the Dresden Files to contain 20 Case Files and then finish off with the Trilogy but has stated in several signing sessions that the events that take place in Changes were intended to happen at the book 10 midpoint, so the casefiles may run as high as 22-24 books.

The titles for the trilogy are: Hell’s Bells, Stars and Stones, and Empty Night.

References:

2010 Huston Signing
2009 Chicago Signing
Even though the references were a bit old there was some information included in the above quote that I'd not seen before.

Last edited by alansplace; 02-22-2012 at 02:09 PM. Reason: add a comment
Old 02-22-2012, 12:30 AM   #623
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post

Oh! ...
Spoiler:

I finished Blood Rites a few hours ago.

The ending made me both happy and apprehensive. I have a sinking feeling that book 7 is not going to be pretty...

The "scar", sigil, demon, staff, etc. Poor, poor Harry.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #624
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Stuff to read while waiting for Cold Days' release!

Quote:
Quoted from the first paragraph of A Perfect Blood:

The woman across from me barely sniffed when I slammed the pen down on the counter. She didn’t care that I was furious, that I’d been standing in this stupid line for over an hour, that I couldn’t get my license renewed or my car registered in my name. I was tired of doing everything through Jenks or Ivy, but DEMON wasn’t a species option on the form. Friday morning at the DMV office. God! What had I been thinking?
Book 10 of The Hollows series (the continuing saga of Rachel Morgan) by Kim Harrison was released yesterday.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #625
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

About to start Summer Knight. That's my idea of what to read while I wait for Cold Days' release. If I go slowly enough I'll finish my reread just in time.

Love the titles for the proposed Apocalyptic Trilogy -- thanks for that, Alan!

Nyssa, your spoiler reminded me of what I have to look forward to -- one of my favorite parts!!
Old 02-24-2012, 01:45 AM   #626
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Awake

Last week I tipped you Dresden fans off about the TV series on ABC called 'The River' because I figured that fans of Harry Dresden might be interested in it because Paul Blackthorne is part of the ensemble cast. Well stretching that idea a little farther, NBC is previewing a new series called 'Awake'. The pilot episode can be seen in it's entirety and commercial free at the provided link. It's produced by and starring Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy). So there's a Potterverse link in this tip!

Last edited by alansplace; 02-24-2012 at 02:04 AM. Reason: incorrect link
Old 02-24-2012, 08:06 AM   #627
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Book 10 of The Hollows series (the continuing saga of Rachel Morgan) by Kim Harrison was released yesterday.
Have you started it? I found the detailing of body language a little tedious in the first few chapters, but it's picked up since then.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #628
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
Have you started it? I found the detailing of body language a little tedious in the first few chapters, but it's picked up since then.
No, just read the first page, then I went back to James Potter to finish up my Potter re-read. After that I'll be reading A Perfect Blood.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #629
Filark

I downloaded the James Potter books. Reading the prologue of book 1 gave me a good feeling about the series -- more fun ahead! Thank you for mentioning that you like them, Alan (and others! ).
Old 02-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #630
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
I downloaded the James Potter books. Reading the prologue of book 1 gave me a good feeling about the series -- more fun ahead! Thank you for mentioning that you like them, Alan (and others! ).
Lippert has written 3 short stories, a novella and a novel that are, in one way or another, linked to the 3 James Potter novels and the Potterverse.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy