Old 06-06-2011, 11:53 PM   #16
syn-ec-do-che
syn-ec-do-che began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
^Douchebag
Old 06-06-2011, 11:54 PM   #17
JohnnyRocks
Zealot
JohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-books

Device: PocketBook 360
^Imbecile
Old 06-07-2011, 12:29 AM   #18
RajS
Enthusiast
RajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmosRajS has become one with the cosmos

Device: PRS-950
I did read his replies. The first two seemed completely reasonable namely;

a) If you can get it for the price you want at Best Buy go right ahead, if you find you can't come back.

b) Best Buy won't do what you say they will - i.e. get one from another store for you.

- and if Best Buy would do it what's the problem? You go and ask them to ship you one and that's the end of it. My local Best buy won't, yours will. Congratulations.

Finally - EBay 3 days left. $275

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-PRS-950-Rea...#ht_1490wt_969

Anyway, I'll leave you chaps to it. Pretty much everything either of you said after the second response was completely pointless.

Cheers,

Best of luck.

Last edited by RajS; 06-07-2011 at 12:45 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:38 AM   #19
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Johnny*doesnot*Rocks you do realise you are fighting over an ereader on the internet....Just in case you didn't know.

As for showing screen shots of the private messages, well thats in poor taste.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:44 AM   #20
Waba
Groupie
Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, PRS-350/950, HP Touchpad, Kindle Keyboard
Yeah, was in bad taste... but he brought it to the thread with his childlike ruminations on market theory and saying I was a 'nightmare'. I guess I set him off with "Good luck with that." I even closed that reply, with an open door on his offer... Then next time I checked I had 5 PMs, each crazier than the last.

Never, was about the money, JR... Its about getting readers to people who can use them. I don't have time, like you, to spend 2 days begging strangers on the net to secure a slightly cheaper 950. I've given away more ereaders than I sell. This isn't my day job, I saw some ereaders gathering dust and wanted to get them to people who need and want them. I generally sell to the first reasonable offer I get... I probably would have taken you're $190 if no one wanted it for more (highly unlikely). Next time try patience, instead of crazy.

/end... Still selling a NookColor cheap from the OP if anyone is interested.

Last edited by Waba; 06-07-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:01 AM   #21
JohnnyRocks
Zealot
JohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-books

At no point have I begged (or even asked) strangers to secure anything for me. And, "Good luck with that" with a smiley emoticon is a sarcastic, condescending response to a VERY fair offer (one in which you would have made more money than you did in order to "spite" me, which in fact accomplished just the opposite...it made my night).

Furthermore, I did NOT bring it to the thread. You did. YOU posted our Private Messages, and, I followed suit. You seem to have a very selective memory. I'm sure whenever your rent is next due, and you are short about $100, you will remember this and smile, thinking just how badly you spited me. LOL. Hilarious.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:17 AM   #22
Waba
Groupie
Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I'm "short" now? According to you I just sold it for market value!

I think you'd be a better fit on an xbox forum, but I wish you the best of endings in your week long quest for a sub $200 950.

/ignore
Old 06-07-2011, 09:57 AM   #23
keelisims
keelisims began at the beginning.

Device: sony
wow...
Old 06-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #24
JohnnyRocks
Zealot

Short from what you swore to me up and down you could sell it for, yes. And, funnier still that you did it to "spite" me (a stranger you have never met). You took $100 less than asking price (and a price that you felt you could get), just to SHOW me. Well, you really SHOWED me. LOL
Old 06-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #25
JohnnyRocks
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by keelisims View Post
wow...
Hmmmmm....Joined today. One post....Hmmmmmmm.....
Old 06-07-2011, 11:28 AM   #26
JohnnyRocks
Zealot

Love it. Found a store that has 8 of them in stock (apparently people in this particular state must not read much). They are shipping two of them down to me. Anyone interested, PM me. I will give you the store number (location number), telephone number, and the name of the store manager that I dealt with.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:04 PM   #27
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
If the reader is sold this thread can presumable be closed?
Old 06-07-2011, 12:57 PM   #28
Waba
Groupie

Yes, please... Hopefully, before he can tweet again.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:01 PM   #29
JohnnyRocks
Zealot

What does it matter to you, Waba Whino? I thought you had me on ignore? LOL.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #30
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
This thread is closed.

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-07-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
cover, nook color, prs950