Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-17-2011, 07:14 AM   #1
mecuakhang
mecuakhang began at the beginning.

Device: window 7 64 bit laptop
what mobipocket reader for window 7 64 bit laptop?

i have a window 7 64 bit,after i download the 6.2 version and some book,but i cant open the book.it said "the version of this file is not compatible with the version of wondow you are running,check your computer's system information to see wether you need an 32 bit or 64 bit version of the program,and then contact the software publisher."what i need to do?
mecuakhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The MobiPocket Reader software is still about as good as it gets under Windows, but it is never going to be updated and MobiPocket is essentially dead as a brand.

So, I suggest you strip the DRM (encryption) from MOBI ebooks and switch to another reader app. Two that I like and which will read DRM-free MOBI directly are Kindle for PC and FBReader. If you use Calibre to format shift to ePub there are many additional options, see Reading Adobe ePub on the Desktop and there are also DRM-free only options like Calibre's own built in reader and FBReader again.

See Apprentice Alf's Blog for more on DRM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2011, 10:11 PM   #3
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
I have no trouble running Mobipocket Reader on Win 7 64-bit, so whatever the problem you're having, it's not inherent to the operating system. I don't remember what happened on installation; I might have installed it in XP-emulation mode or something.

If you ask in the technical part of the forum, someone might be able to help you. But this should be a solvable problem.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:21 PM   #4
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Kindle for PC will read non-DRM Mobipocket books, in addition to Kindle books.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:55 AM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I also are running Win7 64bit, and have no problems with mobipocket reader at all. And I used the version of mobipocket I've had on my HDD for a long, long time.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2011, 02:28 AM   #6
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
+3. On 2 64bit Win7 machines, usual MobiPocket apps run perfectly.
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote