Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-21-2011, 11:07 PM   #646
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Mmmm....homemade squash soup. The kitchen smells delightful this evening.
Yummy!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:15 AM   #647
marino.DV
Groupie
marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marino.DV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
just reading this topic makes me run in kitchen and make a tornado mess :P
marino.DV is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2011, 07:11 AM   #648
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino.DV View Post
just reading this topic makes me run in kitchen and make a tornado mess :P
If you use;
chocolate
bacon
aged cheese
new potatoes
popcorn
or
BBQ sauce

... tell use the recipe

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:23 PM   #649
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Found one poor lonely hunk of brisket in the store's meat case Friday night. Brought it home with me *grin*. It bathed in a bottle of Allegro marinade all night, and went in the crockpot this morning. We just had slices of it with mashed potatoes and steamed carrots... I'll shred the rest and add BBQ sauce. YUMMMM.... my craving is temporarily satisfied....
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:33 AM   #650
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
the wife and i went foodshopping last night. the nice roasts we got are for the birds, all i really wanted was gummy bears. i'm a 33 year old man and all i wanted was gummy bears lol.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2011, 12:45 AM   #651
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
the wife and i went foodshopping last night. the nice roasts we got are for the birds, all i really wanted was gummy bears. i'm a 33 year old man and all i wanted was gummy bears lol.
That's ok, finished the shopping with my husband today and all HE wanted was chocolate.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:15 PM   #652
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Fried Polenta! All the talk about corn got me to thinking about thick slabs of polenta fried up beside the beef, onions, and peppers of a good Fajita with spicy salsa! I think this will be din-din tonight!

Stitchawl
Old 10-04-2011, 11:41 PM   #653
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Fried Polenta! All the talk about corn got me to thinking about thick slabs of polenta fried up beside the beef, onions, and peppers of a good Fajita with spicy salsa! I think this will be din-din tonight!

Stitchawl
I had polenta with shrimp for dinner. I loved baked polenta, though, I haven't had that in a while... maybe tomorrow...
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:21 AM   #654
Stitchawl
Opsimath

The polenta is cooling right now. I'll slice it up and fry it in butter when I make dinner. The beef and chicken strips are marinating in Fajita flavors right now, sitting in the fridge, as is the fresh tomato salsa I made. This is gonna be a fun dinner!

Fajita Marinade:
Fresh chopped corriander
onion
garlic
Cumin
Oregano
Thyme
Marjoram
Jalapeno peppers
salt and black pepper.
Lime juice
Olive oil

ADDENDUM: Everything turned out even better than expected. I forgot to add salt to the water when I prepared the polenta, but added it during the frying stage. Burned onions and green peppers, grilled meats, and salsa, all wrapped up in large tortillas, butter fried polenta with some salsa on that too... I am stuffed!

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 10-05-2011 at 07:02 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:19 AM   #655
Joybells
reddit, reddit, reddit
Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
does anyone remember the Rude Food resaurant in Sydney, where they plated up in amazing ways - what they could do with a sausage, two dumplings and alfalfa should have been banned.
Joybells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:03 AM   #656
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Gluten free Scotch Egg
One boilded egg for each scotch egg
Skinned gluten free bratwurst sausages
Chicken thighs
Seasoned to your liking, if the sausages are first class you need not add anything. Maybe some garlic if you love it like I do.
Blitzed in the blender/processor (Not the boiled eggs) keep them separate
The recipe calls for bread crumbs. So instead I get a packet of tasty rice crackers and put them in a plastic bag and roll them into crumbs with a roller. A bit of bashing helps as well. Even if you can eat gluten (I can, this was for someone else) the crumbs from tasty rice crackers versus plain bread crumbs wins hands down.
Take a hand full of blitzed meat and one of the boiled eggs. Cover the egg with the meat.
Dip them in whisked egg and roll them in the cracker crumbs.
I found that making them cubed rather than spherical was easier to cook in a shallow pan.
The shallow pan has extra virgin olive oil in it.
There are six sides each. i can fit four in the pan at a time.
Sizzle each side.

Yum Yum Pigs Bum
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4737.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	77425   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4741.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	713.7 KB
ID:	77426  
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #657
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joybells View Post
does anyone remember the Rude Food resaurant in Sydney, where they plated up in amazing ways - what they could do with a sausage, two dumplings and alfalfa should have been banned.
I saw a couple of plates on TV. But I think they were special late night TV events. Not a lot of call for cock and ball food in prime time.
But titillating.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:19 AM   #658
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Gluten free Scotch Egg

This looks good. I think I'll make some for Sunday Lunch!

Stitchawl
Old 10-07-2011, 10:26 AM   #659
wannabee
Media Bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
This looks good. I think I'll make some for Sunday Lunch!

Stitchawl
The first time was messy and prolonged because I didn't really know what I was doing. Cook the eggs and get the meat the night before. If I were to do it tomorrow . . . . OMG......My M-I-L is coming over for her birthday tomorrow. The restaurant I was going to take her to was booked out. This might be the way out!
Wooo Hoo! Cheap too!
Old 10-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #660
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
The first time was messy and prolonged because I didn't really know what I was doing.
Wooo Hoo! Cheap too!
OH... we're talking COOKING here!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote