Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-17-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
bob4866
bob4866 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Cool Convert books to Kindle format

Can anyone help please? I have been trying to convert various formats of books to use on my Kindle. Several ideas from the forums have proved to be unsuccesful, so far.

When I try to convert a .lrf file to .mobi I have managed to get the blank line out but still cannot get the book to wordwrap. Each second line seems to stop half way along and I would like to remove this feature - anyone have any ideas please?
bob4866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:29 PM   #2
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Try converting it to a format like .rtf first and importing it into Word. If there's a manual line break or a paragraph break, you can use search and replace to get rid of it.

Use the reveal codes feature to see exactly what's there and then create a search and replace. If the proper paragraph breaks have two paragraph breaks, then replace those first with "&&&" or something random that doesn't otherwise appear, then replace the single paragraph breaks (your bad word wrap) with a space. Then replace &&& with a paragraph break. Or if the proper breaks have a paragraph break then a tab, replace those with &&& and then replace the single ones with a space. You get the idea.

Word's search and replace feature is very powerful, and with a little trial and error, any consistent problem can generally be fixed.

Once you have the document fixed in Word, then save as .rtf and convert to .mobi.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert