Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-19-2012, 01:32 AM   #1
freewheeling
Nameless Being

How do you copy text in Kindle for Android?

I'm pretty sure that when I used to use this app a menu would pop up after I selected some text and I could just copy or share or something like that, but it doesn't seem to happen any more. Do I have to set some parameter for that to work, or has Amazon removed that capability?
Old 12-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #2
menevets
Connoisseur
menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300/Kindle 4 basic/iPad/iPod Touch/iPhone/Nexus 7
You can share a selection, that's always there but I'm pretty sure Amazon locks down the app to disable any kind of copy and paste functionality. You could do a screen capture instead if the content you want is all in one page.

Last edited by menevets; 12-21-2012 at 06:16 PM. Reason: copy & paste
menevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
Escape314
Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard, Kindle Paper White, Android app
Quote:
Originally Posted by menevets View Post
I'm pretty sure Amazon locks down the app to disable any kind of copy and paste functionality.
I was hoping that was just the usesless wp7 app. My kindle keyboard has no problem saving as text a page at a time in a file easy to read from a pc. Why are they stricter on the apps?
Escape314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:43 PM   #4
freewheeling
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by menevets View Post
You can share a selection, that's always there but I'm pretty sure Amazon locks down the app to disable any kind of copy and paste functionality. You could do a screen capture instead if the content you want is all in one page.
I can't share a selection, that's the point. There's no "share" option when I make a selection.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:50 AM   #5
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
That is why I quit using Kindle 4 Android so long ago. It is at the bottom of the readers on the market.

Montano and Moon+ are so much better as readers go.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2012, 03:41 PM   #6
freewheeling
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
That is why I quit using Kindle 4 Android so long ago. It is at the bottom of the readers on the market.

Montano and Moon+ are so much better as readers go.

=X=
I have Moon+ but it's so *slow* when selecting text that if you get ahead of it it just quits, or starts doing weird stuff. I tried the Montano lite but it has problems of its own. I suppose I'd use Moon+ if it weren't so cumbersome. I'm using a Lenovo IdeaPad S2109 with Android 4.0.4 so Moon+ must have some really inefficient code.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:33 PM   #7
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeling View Post
I have Moon+ but it's so *slow* when selecting text that if you get ahead of it it just quits, or starts doing weird stuff. I tried the Montano lite but it has problems of its own. I suppose I'd use Moon+ if it weren't so cumbersome. I'm using a Lenovo IdeaPad S2109 with Android 4.0.4 so Moon+ must have some really inefficient code.
I've used moon on a nook and I did not have any issues with slow text selection. The only problems I had with text selection was with the nook's screen.

Right now I'm using Moon on the Note and it is super fast. I'm thinking this is more of an issue with the idea pad than android or moon
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #8
freewheeling
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
I've used moon on a nook and I did not have any issues with slow text selection. The only problems I had with text selection was with the nook's screen.

Right now I'm using Moon on the Note and it is super fast. I'm thinking this is more of an issue with the idea pad than android or moon
Hard to believe, it's brand new. Not running much in the background. I don't have a problem with text selection in the Nook application or any other. Perhaps it's some very inefficient setting in Moon+. There are so many settings it's impossible to keep track of them all but I'll try to turn everything off and see if that helps.

Update: I turned off the page turning effects and all of that graphic stuff and it seems to help.

Last edited by freewheeling; 12-28-2012 at 12:57 AM.