Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-12-2010, 06:09 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
"The Shameless Promotion and Endless Plug-Your-Novel Thread"

We all like a good read, right? Especially when the price is right or when the ebook is new, or when the 28th Revision is NOW AVAILABLE - that's when we want to know about it.

Why not use this Thread to get the "Good Word" out on your recently published novel? You know: The novel that was just published by Rabbit-Do Press ["We Produce More Ebooks Than You Can Comfortably Read." ]

So let this be YOUR platform for YOUR published novel, whether it be a Self-published novel, a promotion ["Available at this special price for ONLY 10 more months!"] or when you chime in with "Endless Plugs." But remember: You're going to have a lot of competition and that plug is going to get quickly buried.

BUT WAIT! -- Like any thread, this is open to comment by all posters. This will be a place for Writers AND Readers to make comments. [If you're a thin-skinned writer, you might want to avoid making a posting here: This may not be a good place for "special" personality-types.]

Please remember: Let's use this Thread to have a CONVERSATION as we congratulate our new writers or their newly published work.

And also remember:

HAVE FUN!

Don

"Rabbit-Do Press" is a copyrighted name by Dr. Drib.
Attached Images

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-12-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:17 AM   #2
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Thanks, Dr. Drib!

Let me be the first to take advantage of this great opportunity. I have several books available on my website and at smashwords and feedbooks.

When Do I See God? has been available on my web site for 13 days and 22 hours. (By including the hours, I can come back with an update and make a new post in the same day!)

Soul View has been available for 275 days and 18 hours.

The Delver Magic series has been available for years. (I really don’t want to count back the days for those.)

They’re all free, so unfortunately I can’t give you a coupon code that’s only good for five days and then come back with a post for a new coupon code to replace the expired one. I also can’t keep adding new posts to inform you there’s 4 days 6 hours and 3 minutes left until the offer expires. (I really should work on my Marketing strategy.)

My books are available in several formats, but again, if I find some new format, I’ll be sure to come back with a post to bump my thread to get more attention, er, I mean to inform you of the good news. I'll also be sure to inform you whenever my books get a new review, whenever I reach a download milestone, or whenever I see this thread drop too far down the list for my liking.

Thanks again!
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:50 PM   #3
davidhburton
Addict
davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: none
I currently have five works out.

The latest is:

Here's the complete list:

The Second Coming: A Words of the Prophecy Novel

Five hundred years have passed since the Earth shifted on its axis - a catastrophic event that wiped out civilization and released the powers of the dead. Now, a dark age shrouds our world once more.

Journey into a future rife with witchcraft, demons, and vengeful gods that have returned to reclaim their former dominions. Follow the fates of three intertwined characters in this sinister new realm: Paine, a young man cursed with the ability to summon the dead and on the run from Witch Hunters; Brahm, the battle-hardened woman that slaughtered his mother and in whose body the woman's soul now resides; and John, a friar once imprisoned for heresy, now assigned by a woman Pope to destroy the boy he unwillingly fathered. Take a voyage to the future as the legions of heaven and hell combine to bring the WORDS OF THE PROPHECY to fruition.

The Second Coming is nigh.

And the God we expect to deliver us from evil is not who He seems.

"Beautifully written, dark and eerie vision of an apocalyptic future."
- Margaret Weis, New York Times Bestselling Author

"David H. Burton is a dark new talent in the genre. This one will make you leave the lights on for a week!"
- USA Today Bestseller, Cathy Clamp

Scourge: A Grim Doyle Adventure

Two dads, five siblings, and goggles! Grim Doyle has always known his life was not exactly "normal", and things get even more curious when he discovers a set of stones that sweep him and his family to the fantasy, steampunk world of Verne - a place they had escaped from years ago. Now that they've returned, Grim and his siblings hide from the evil Lord Victor and his minions. And while learning about Jinns, Mystics, and the power of absinth they try to discover who is trying to kill them with the deadly Scourge.

Book Trailer:

Simian's Lair: A Tale From the Land of Verne

This 'Tale From the Land of Verne' is a children's short story that takes place in the world of the Grim Doyle Adventures. Enjoy reading about some of the characters you know from Scourge!

Four orphans from the land of Verne are lured into Simian's Lair - a dark abode whose purpose has been lost to the ravages of time. In it dwells an evil that must be cleansed, and from it, they must retrieve a secret that's been locked away for centuries. Join them, along with Madam Patrice and Master Rickett, on a journey where courage is found in the darkest of places.

Also includes the first chapter of Scourge: A Grim Doyle Adventure

Broken: A Paranormal Romance

Three days before her twenty-fourth birthday, Katherine Gregory receives a letter from her deceased mother. It details a faery curse in which the eldest child in each generation will die in their twenty-fifth year.

Three days before her twenty-fourth birthday, a new love interest comes knocking, and her first love has returned - neither men are what they seem, and Katherine may have to choose between them.

Three days before her twenty-fourth birthday, Katherine must decide if this is all real, or if the strange visions she's been having are just a figment of her imagination.

The race to unravel the mystery begins, and Katherine must solve it – for any day after her birthday could be her last.

Three Little Wonders: An Adoption Story

Together for ten years, David and his partner made the decision to become dads. Figuring out they wanted to adopt was easy, the waiting and complications along the way were not. Follow their journey as this same-sex couple tried to start their family and prevent three brothers from being separated.

A heart-warming tale of two dads and their Three Little Wonders.

All purchasing info can be found at my site: davidhburton.com

Cheers!
David

Last edited by davidhburton; 02-22-2012 at 04:07 PM.
davidhburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:54 PM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
The novel that was just published by Rabbit-Do Press ["We Produce More Ebooks Than You Can Comfortably Read." ]
"Rabbit-Do Press" is a copyrighted name by Dr. Drib.

I think your press has invaded my library, as the TBR list has been multiplying like, well, you know...
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 04:35 AM   #5
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
If new threads crop up that are shameless self-promotion, will they be merged into this thread? (please oh please oh please)
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 05:53 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
If new threads crop up that are shameless self-promotion, will they be merged into this thread? (please oh please oh please)
Seriously: That will continue to be looked at as needed, and as we Moderators see what is appropriate or not. When you think about it, those threads usually grow as a natural result of reader comment followed by author appreciation, and from actual news related to a book or to circumstances related about an author's professional well-being. Most of those types of threads will die a natural and thankful death, anyway, thank God.

About this thread and with a little humor in my comments: It was the shameless bumping [like an irritating telemarketer who won't stop calling], or the "HEY! 'Love Bite Magazine' absolutely LOVED my new book and YOU will, too" type of nonsense that was beginning to irritate some readers here at MobileRead. Hence, the purpose of this thread: Irritate away, writers!

YOU CAN USE THIS THREAD TO TELL US HOW MUCH YOUR "UNCLE BARBARA" (the cross-dressing relative that Aunt Matilda likes to trade clothes with) LOVED YOUR NEW BOOK!

Because, after all, if your relatives love your new book, won't Readers here at MobileRead like it, too?!!

HAVE FUN WRITERS AND READERS!

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-13-2010 at 06:11 AM.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:29 AM   #7
davidhburton
Addict
davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!

Last day for Read An E-Book Week...go get your ebooks while they're free/cheap!
Old 03-14-2010, 09:22 AM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Remember there's only more than 200 days left - or until Dec. 31, 2010 to get your free ebooks.

The response has been great! Already, 3 people have downloaded a free ebook in the last 10 months.

Get your copy before this special sale ends - or until a new President is elected.

Come on, Authors -- this is your Thread.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-14-2010 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Edited for Humanitarian reasons.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:29 AM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

To repeat:

David Burton has a free ebook available.

USA Today has some comments.

He also has a Trailer available.

It's also available from Amazon.

And there's also the author's website, located here:

http://davidhburton.com/

Don
Old 03-14-2010, 10:00 AM   #10
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Dr. Drib, I missed some of that information you posted. I guess I was reading too fast. Could you please post it all again. I'm sure other people missed it as well and they would probably appreciate seeing it again, and again, and again...

Also, you said something about there being more than 200 days left. That's not quite as precise as I would like. Is it 217 days or 216 days? It makes a huge difference.
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:30 AM   #11
davidhburton
Addict

This thread is already at the top of the list..

...bump...
Old 03-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinlo View Post
Dr. Drib, I missed some of that information you posted. I guess I was reading too fast. Could you please post it all again. I'm sure other people missed it as well and they would probably appreciate seeing it again, and again, and again...

Also, you said something about there being more than 200 days left. That's not quite as precise as I would like. Is it 217 days or 216 days? It makes a huge difference.

Don
Old 03-14-2010, 11:36 AM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhburton View Post
This thread is already at the top of the list..

...bump...

Hahahaha....and, if the authors are "smart" (that's in quotes, muchacho), it will remain at the top...for eternity.

Don
Old 03-14-2010, 01:05 PM   #14
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinlo View Post
Thanks, Dr. Drib!

Let me be the first to take advantage of this great opportunity. I have several books available on....

Thanks again!
I have looked at your offering. It is indeed very generous. However my request is for a copy of your avatar.

Mine, should anyone care at all, can now (and only for the most limited amount of time) be downloaded by clicking on the image to the left, and then click on the "album".

Last edited by HorridRedDog; 03-14-2010 at 01:08 PM.
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:27 PM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Are there no authors here who are shameless in their news releases?

Surely, someone coughed today, which should be reason enough to post a NEWS EVENT OF "SOME KIND" OF PROMINENT IMPORTANCE about your new book.

Come on, authors! Am I going to have to bring out the Torturers?

Don

Tags
2.99, a dead man's debt, aaron & keja, amazon, anthology, bloated goat, captain nothing, cj west, crime fiction, crowdfunding, ebook, ebooks, fantasy, finding books, free ebook, free ebook downloads, funny, giveaway, god, grace elliot, health, heir to the everlasting, hop, independent, indie, indie bestsellers, just doll, kdp, kickstarter, middle grade, nook, ratticus, sci-fi novel, science fiction, scifi, selfhelp, short story, soul, spirituality, staten bay trilogy, suspense, sweepstakes, uke, ukulele, website, witch book, writing, zombified buffalo